Almost ready to buy but have questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

Pirates Fan -> Almost ready to buy but have questions (7/15/2006 6:14:03 AM)

Folks,

I was thrilled to see PureSim add flight-of-ball animation. That's what has kept me from PureSim and OOTP. I tried the PureSim demo but didn't have time to explore too deeply. Now I'm up against the deadline to buy it at $14.95. [8|]

So here are my questions:

1. I want a Universal Baseball Association type of setup, except I'll likely have 2 divisions of 4 teams each and a 60-game season. (My attention span is a lot shorter than J. Henry Waugh's.) Fictional players, of course.

a. Can the game generate a 60-game schedule in which each team plays 12 games against each of its rivals in own division (36 games total) and 6 against those in the other division (24 games total)?

b. If not, how could I get such a schedule?

2. I want no minor leagues, financials, trades or injuries. Just turn them off, correct?

3. At the end of the season, every team must release 2 position players and 1 pitcher. That's easy enough, correct?

4. Each team (in reverse order of finish) will then sign 2 position players and 1 pitcher that I create from scratch. These are players whose attributes will be determined by a roll of the dice. The demo of course allows to player editing or creation, so I ask:

a. Do you have to fill in every statistic for a player to "work" -- that is, determine ratings for Eye, Contact, Power, Speed, etc?

b. Can you assign those ratings on, say, a 1-5 scale WITHOUT inputting stats at all?

5. Do good players retire during the season? If so, can I unretire them?

6. If you choose 4-man rotation for your league, do you have to start from a pre-1970s season from which to launch, or will it work in any era without downgrading the pitchers' performance or endurance?

7. Let's say in midseason a player or pitcher begins performing so poorly that I'm forced to dump him and create a replacement. Is that doable?

Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Abev -> RE: Almost ready to buy but have questions (7/15/2006 6:31:37 AM)

Geoff alot of that stuff cannot be done. For 14.95 its a giveaway. Cmon 14.95? There is plenty of flexibilty in PS for everyone. If you like sims theres no reason in the world why you wont LOVE puresim./

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI