Minor Scoring Discrepancy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

motnahp -> Minor Scoring Discrepancy (7/15/2006 7:30:55 AM)

I don't "watch" many PS games, but I've noticed that when an error occurs with a man on third base, the batter is NEVER credited with an RBI when the run scores. This is correct scoring when there are TWO outs, but an RBI is almost always awarded when there are ZERO or ONE out.

Exceptions to this would be dropped shallow fly balls, infield pop-ups, or dropped infield liners. The official scorer would judge whether the run would have scored without the error. In fact, on a routine/deep fly ball, the official scorer may award the batter a sacrifice fly AND RBI on a dropped fly ball. This keeps the batter from being penalized for doing his job correctly.

To the game's credit, I HAVE noticed that batters are NOT awarded an RBI when grounding into a double play. As for the above issue, perhaps the batter could be awarded an RBI on ground ball errors where the infield is at normal depth. With the infield in or on any non-bunt groundball error by the pitcher, an RBI should probably NOT be awarded. As for the dropped fly ball issue, arm and speed would have to be considered (just as they are when the ball is caught and the runner tags up).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI