AAR Question? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports

Dr. Foo -> AAR Question? (7/16/2006 4:30:47 AM)

If you post a screen shot of the entire battlefield how is theater recon taken into consideration? What I mean is, if I post a screen shot of the front perhaps my opponent cannot see many of my units that now show up in the screen shot. Moreover, if I post from the micoview or take a wide shot of the entire map, am I not showing them the exact position of my units far behind and close to the front?

Are people playing PBEM worried that their opponent might gain insight into were the reserve forces are concentrated enabling them to gauge where the next big push might come from and reinforce those areas based on what is shown in an AAR?

I am just wondering what other people thought because I have been hesitant to share up-to-date battlefield information for this reason.

No, I am not paranoid. [:D]

JAMiAM -> RE: AAR Question? (7/16/2006 4:42:39 AM)

You're not paranoid if you know they are watching...[;)]

larryfulkerson -> RE: AAR Question? (7/16/2006 7:10:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr. Foo
...if I post from the micoview or take a wide shot of the entire map, am I not showing them the exact position of my units far behind and close to the front?

Yes, you are in fact showing your opponent information he/she needs to play against you.
My opponent in DNO and I agreed with each other that he doesn't read my AAR and I don't read his for just this reason.

You could "sanitize" those areas you don't want him to see of course, but that sounds like a lot of work.

Or you could do what I do and post the screenshots anyway, just for the love of the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI