editing the XML (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

akw4572 -> editing the XML (7/16/2006 7:33:05 AM)

When I try and get the cursor to come up in my XML doc, it doesn't so I can't edit anything. The doc. itself comes up in IE, any suggestions? I remember a few versions back I could edit the document, but I can't seem to get this one to work. I'd like to tone down pitcher recovery and fatigue.

SittingDuck -> RE: editing the XML (7/16/2006 7:56:09 AM)

copy the file and change the extension to TXT with Notepad, then alter and save as XML

sposfan -> RE: editing the XML (7/16/2006 2:37:32 PM)

sittingduck,

actually you do not have to change the file extension. Simply right click the xml file, select open with and choose notepad and you're good to go. Always make sure to make a backup first of the original. Also if memory serves, after you make you changes, open it up in explorer simply by doubleclicking the file and it should tell you if there is a formatting error.

henry296 -> RE: editing the XML (7/16/2006 4:35:18 PM)

I usually just open Notepad first and then select the XML file.

SittingDuck -> RE: editing the XML (7/16/2006 5:27:19 PM)

Thanks - I actually work straight off a txt file and then copy it as a xml file, merely because my program (Notepad++) uses a lot of highlights and so forth and can be confusing.

akw4572 -> RE: editing the XML (7/17/2006 2:49:22 AM)

Thanks for the replies guys, I had to ump a DH today in 97 degree heat, so I haven't been around.

brewgrad -> RE: editing the XML (10/30/2006 2:12:32 AM)

My entire starting pitching staff is injured. I might not be so fed up but this is my first season with 2007 after importing my file from the 2004 game. This has been a problem with other versions and I understand about editing the xml. I've "fixed" it before.

So like I said, I need to edit the .xml file. I've done it for previous versions but with this one - version 1.32 for 2007, when I save my edited file it is significantly smaller than the original and the program won't recognize it. This happens even if I just change the number within the pitcher injury programming line. Am I missing something? Has anyone else had this problem.

Amaroq -> RE: editing the XML (10/30/2006 8:20:55 PM)

Wow, that sounds quite wrong on many fronts.

I haven't seen such serious injury-age, but I haven't imported '04 to '07 either. Is it reproducible, e.g., if you re-import your 2004 game again, do you see all your pitchers get hurt again? And/or are all the AI teams suffering similar injury patterns to you?

On the .XML file, what program are you using for editing? I haven't seen anybody post about a significant file-size change. All I can imagine is that your editor thinks it knows .XML, but is mucking it up. Simple Notepad and WordPad (write.exe) work fine for me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI