Scenario Design Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Leibstandarte -> Scenario Design Question (7/22/2000 7:16:00 AM)

I am trying to design a scenario and I wanted to add in some German Coastal Gun fortifications. When I go to the editor and try to select them they are not there. I checked the OOB editor and they are available during the time period of my scenario. Anybody know why I cannot use them? If it makes a difference I am usinf the OOB modifications by Guderian from Tankhead's website. Although like I said they are in the editor just not in the unit purchasing screen. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. ------------------

Wild Bill -> (7/22/2000 8:01:00 AM)

You can borrow them from other nationalities by changing the nation, then buying, then changing back. THen you should go in and change the name of its commander to the appropriate nationality. I know Japan has coastal guns with 3 types of icons. THen change the weapon and the commander's name and you should be fine. Try Japanese, I know they are in June 1944. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Leibstandarte -> (7/22/2000 8:53:00 AM)

Thank you Wild Bill. Your attentiveness to these boards is to say the least outstanding. Thank you for assisting me.

Tombstone -> (7/22/2000 10:45:00 AM)

On the topic of scenario editing... What are Molotov-projects?? And does anyone know if they were used by the russians with any frequency in and around the Kursk offensive? Also, are there any stupid things that a scenario designer can do to reduce the amount of units he can use?? I noticed how WB talks about 600 units in his most recent giant scenario, but I get halted way earlier than that. Tomo

Leibstandarte -> (7/22/2000 12:42:00 PM)

Here is another question. I haven't had time to go through the OOB's but has anyone thought of doing a scenario involving a small beach invasion or a raid? What I mean is with the German Raumboots and some barges you could make a pretty interesting small scale scenario. Are there any other small ships like the German one in the game? American PT boats or British MTB's would serve the same purpose. This is just a though and I would be interested in hearing your views.

Warhorse -> (7/23/2000 12:26:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: On the topic of scenario editing... What are Molotov-projects?? And does anyone know if they were used by the russians with any frequency in and around the Kursk offensive? Also, are there any stupid things that a scenario designer can do to reduce the amount of units he can use?? I noticed how WB talks about 600 units in his most recent giant scenario, but I get halted way earlier than that. Tomo
Tomo, the Molotov Projectors were a field expedient designed by the Soviets, somewhat resembling a PIAT launcher, but w/o the range, was designed during the Factory fighting in Stalingrad, for close in fighting against Panzers, they didn't have to get as close to throw a molotov with this device! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Wild Bill -> (7/23/2000 12:50:00 AM)

You are very welcome LS! My pleasure. Look for a new one I just did on the British raid on St Nazaire. This one uses the new destroyer icon that crashed into the gates at St Nazaire, British motor launches, Motor Torpedo Boat, etc. It also uses the new system of victory hexes. There are two kinds used in this one (of the six new type that we will have). There are objectives you must take before the Germans get them. Whoever gets them first has them permanently. They represent installations destroyed by the British commandos. The next victory hexes are the exit hexes. You must bring your commandos back to the shore, load them under fire and move off the exit hexes for even more victory points. So it is a raid in every sense of the word. You'll feel the urgency of getting the job done and getting out. And you better get out fast. It can turn ugly in a hurry. So its coming in about a week to 10 days, my friend. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited July 22, 2000).]

Wild Bill -> (7/23/2000 12:52:00 AM)

That is 600 units counting both sides, Tomo. You may need to go to your prefences menu (I think this is in the manual -:P ) and maximize the number of formations you can be allowed. WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

Leibstandarte -> (7/23/2000 2:14:00 AM)

Again I must thank you Wild Bill for your reply. I eagerly look forward to your new scenario. I can't wait for the new "boats" to be added into the game. I recently finished reading a book on small ship actions in the war and this has sparked my interest in scenarios like this. Thanks again and I look forward to your next scenario as always.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI