Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports

zavatad -> Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/18/2006 12:25:10 AM)

After action report of "Two Weeks in Normandy 1944 - T3NPW v2.32" versus Elmer. Click here

If you can spot any mistakes I make please let me know ;)

Mad Cow -> RE: Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/18/2006 2:23:15 AM)

Nice aar.

zavatad -> RE: Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/21/2006 1:48:43 AM)

Turn 6 and 7 are online.

82nd Airborne -> RE: Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/21/2006 9:54:30 PM)

wow, you are doing great! I've played this scen many times and you are rockin' in it. I wonder how much more 'oomph' you are getting from the revision on replacements. Have to try this revised scenario myself now as you seem to be making it look easy.
Not that I am any good mind you, but in most of my games Caen is a real bitch to take, and Cherbourg falls on the last turn.

keep up the good work! [&o]

XPav -> RE: Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/22/2006 11:15:43 PM)

I just played this. I succumbed to my usual behavior of destroying units rather than taking ground.

I got totally stuck on the hills outside of Caen, with absolutely no progress against the massed Panzer divisions and their artillery and nebelwerfers. The British were just not having any luck.

I surrounded and destroyed about 90% of the German army defending Cherbourg, but I didn't quite get to Cherbourg in time. I was in the process of destroying Panzer Lehr, and about 4 other infantry divisions, leaving the roads ahead clear, but I just didn't take enough ground, so I got a draw. One more turn and Cherbourg would have been mine, and a couple more turns and the entire German Army defending Caen would have been flanked by unoccupied US forces.

Mad Cow -> RE: Two Weeks in Normandy 44 vs. PO (7/23/2006 2:47:07 AM)

I was playing as the Germans against the PO last night and by turn 4 I'm about to have to evacutate northern Caen. :(

There is a massive hole to the west of Caen which the Commonwealth exploited, but thankfully reinforcements arrived in enough time to hopefully hold them off.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI