The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

Alex Fiedler -> The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 7:50:49 AM)

Major Update for Operational Strategy Game

Matrix Games, together with Norm Koger and the TOAD team, are pleased to announce the second official update for Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III, which was released one month ago. Download the new v3.0.0.17 official patch from the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com and check the Games and Forum pages for more information on The Operational Art of War III.

This major update includes fourteen changes, among them a speed improvement for supply calculations which allows large scenarios to play more quickly and additional improvements to the computer opponent. Also included is a new scenario and updated briefings for the existing scenarios to note their suitability for PBEM or AI play. Fixes include an adjustment to Anti-Aircraft fire, a reduction in rout and reorganization frequency, additional sound-related fixes and a fix for event upgrade issues. It is recommended that all players upgrade to v3.0.0.17. The v3.0.0.17 update is a comprehensive update and will work on all previous versions of Norm Koger’s Operational Art of War III.

Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War series is legendary among wargamers. A masterpiece of flexible design, it allows you to play and create any battle from the entire 20th Century of warfare and up to the modern day, with reasonable accuracy back as far as the 1850s. Originally released by TalonSoft, Matrix Games last year acquired the rights and source code to The Operational Art of War. Now, together with Norm Koger and a new design team, we bring you the definitive release of this unsurpassed operational wargame – The Operational Art of War III!

With over 130 of the best scenario designs of the last five years included in The Operational Art Of War III, along with more than 70 classic TOAW scenarios from the original series, The Operational Art of War III sets a new benchmark in operational wargaming.

Okimaw -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 8:02:43 AM)

Ok so I'll be the one to ask the silly question this time  [&:]. Are there any differences btween this and the beta?

JAMiAM -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 8:57:15 AM)

There's one in every crowd...[:D]

No. There are not any differences. Just to set the record straight...

We will first release the "beta" version of any particular patch into the registered Members Area, before it is available to the general public. In general, these patches are deemed safe for the public to use by the TOAD QA team, i.e., we feel that they fix much more than they break, but we allow the registered members both the opportunity to download the patch before it is available to the wider public, as well as to give us one last set of eyes, in case there are any problems we allowed to slip through.

Then, usually after a week, provided that there are no patch specific game-breaking problems, we will release the beta, as is, into the general public.

If a game-breaking bug is found within a patch, then we will either pull it out of beta, and urge people to patch back with a previous patch, or we will release a new version ASAP. New versions will have a different version number.

So, in short, if we release to the public a version that has previously been issued as a "beta" patch, then it is the same thing, no changes, and why didn't you patch it a week earlier when we first gave it to you...[:D]...?

Okimaw -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 9:32:02 AM)

quote:

So, in short, if we release to the public a version that has previously been issued as a "beta" patch, then it is the same thing, no changes, and why didn't you patch it a week earlier when we first gave it to you...[:D]...?

Actually I was probably the one to patch here. I'm here most of the day and kind of a night watchman of sorts. BTW I saw some kids hanging around your car the other night and I chased em away. [:D] So what sorts of goodies can we look forward to in the next one?

JAMiAM -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 10:24:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw
I'm here most of the day and kind of a night watchman of sorts. BTW I saw some kids hanging around your car the other night and I chased em away. [:D] BTW what sorts of goodies can we look forward to in the next one?

You mean my bicycle? Or the old pickup that hasn't moved out of the driveway in two years? Anyhow thanks!

If you want a clue, we might throw out some bones in the open chat tonight. 10 PM, EST. Be there, or be square.

Come to think of it, I should get some sleep, so I'm not such a grumpy old fart in there...[>:][:D]

MarcA -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 1:14:47 PM)

Is there any intention by Matrix to keep the TOAWIII pdf manual up to date?

Also it would have been useful if, in addition to modifying the scenario briefings, you could have added the same information into the TOAW III Scenario Descriptions document. (As an idea, if you distributed the scenario document as a .doc file people could annotate this themselves, adding such information themselves and keeping a record of additonal scenarios they may have written/aquired, etc.)

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/19/2006 7:16:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okimaw
I'm here most of the day and kind of a night watchman of sorts. BTW I saw some kids hanging around your car the other night and I chased em away. [:D] BTW what sorts of goodies can we look forward to in the next one?

You mean my bicycle? Or the old pickup that hasn't moved out of the driveway in two years? Anyhow thanks!

If you want a clue, we might throw out some bones in the open chat tonight. 10 PM, EST. Be there, or be square.

Come to think of it, I should get some sleep, so I'm not such a grumpy old fart in there...[>:][:D]

..dream on...[:'(]

cantona -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 12:43:54 AM)

so, time for silly question number 2, if we have the beta patch installed theres no need to get this one then?[&:]

JAMiAM -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 12:54:25 AM)

Correct.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 1:08:35 AM)

Everytime I try to download it times out.

Every other thing I try to do online seems fine.

a white rabbit -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 3:29:17 AM)

...5.45 minutes....[:D]

Chuck2 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 3:36:27 AM)

Firewall settings maybe?

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 5:12:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chuck2

Firewall settings maybe?

I dont think so. I had the same problem downloading the last patch until I was given a different link to use. [&:]

ETF -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 6:22:31 PM)

OK so get back to work Norm on Distant Guns will ya [:D]

JAMiAM -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/20/2006 6:39:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

OK so get back to work Norm on Distant Guns will ya [:D]

Son, you are confused...[:D]

Norm no longer has anything to do with TOAW III, so what TOAD does to the program has no effect on whether Norm is busy with DG, or any other projects he's got in the pipes.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 12:12:16 AM)

I am still not able to download the update. Where is this beta patch everyone is talking about? Maybe I can try that one?

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 12:15:36 AM)

Nevermind, figured all that out. :)

Chuck2 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 12:17:59 AM)

Try clicking here:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/TheOperationalArtOfWarIII/TOAW-UpdateComp-DR-v30017.zip

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 3:59:10 AM)

That one doesn't work either...

Chuck2 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 4:08:48 AM)

Can I e-mail it to you? [:D]

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 8:02:39 AM)

quote:

Can I e-mail it to you? [:D]

how large is it?

Chuck2 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 10:02:56 PM)

Doesn't look possible.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 10:52:58 PM)

No it doesn't.

I tried signing up for the members section but never got a confirmation email. [8|]

Is anyone from Matrix gonna shed some light on this?

Can someone post the patch toa mirror so I can try to get it from there?

Chuck2 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 11:35:01 PM)

I tried emailing it but it froze my computer when trying to upload. It's a pretty big file.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/21/2006 11:45:25 PM)

quote:

I tried emailing it but it froze my computer when trying to upload. It's a pretty big file.

Yea, I think its too big for that, like 17MB.

NefariousKoel -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/22/2006 12:15:30 AM)

Damn Vin, you're such a pain. [;)]

Why don't you have someone transfer the file to you over a chat program.

Nemo69 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/22/2006 12:29:20 AM)

Check your PMs.

Mad Cow -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/22/2006 3:27:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo69

Check your PMs.

Excellent. All patched up now.

Bossy573 -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/23/2006 2:37:55 AM)

The issue whereby the game would not stretch on a 13.3 widescreen is no more.

Well done Matrix! [:)]

jbunnelle -> RE: The Operational Art of War v3.0.0.17 Released! (7/24/2006 7:37:08 PM)

Been trying to download for an hour and it keeps timing out for me as well.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI