Why so quiet? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930

Zakhal -> Why so quiet? (7/20/2006 7:33:17 PM)

Is witp the official forum for both of these pacific games or has WPO lost its interest allready? In comparison to witp its so quiet here.

Im interested because if I buy this game Id like to know how hard it will be to find an opponent. I know the AI wont last for long.

Helpless -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/20/2006 9:00:41 PM)

Could be that despite common roots they are quite different games, IMHO. Common phrase way back was - "WITP is work, WPO is fun" [:)] Once you start playing there is no time for posting anymore - turns resolution goes much much faster [:D]

Just after release it was quite easy to find opponent. I think current and coming updates will keep it simple. I'm planning to start another PBEM just after vocations...

Terminus -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/20/2006 9:01:25 PM)

Besides, it's summer, and thus downtime for this place...

Rysyonok -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/21/2006 4:43:49 AM)

I'll second the comment about turn speed. I've advanced as much as 4-5 turns a day sometimes. Just check AARs :p

kylenapoleon -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/21/2006 4:48:18 AM)

Perhaps a lot of WPO owners spend most of their time playing rather than WITP owners who spend most of there time posting.[;)]

Akos Gergely -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/21/2006 8:55:09 AM)

Will join the club very soon :D !!! 

Terminus -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/21/2006 12:12:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kylenapoleon

Perhaps a lot of WPO owners spend most of their time playing rather than WITP owners who spend most of there time posting.[;)]

I like how you say "WitP owners" rather than "WitP players"...[:D]

Rysyonok -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/22/2006 6:09:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
I like how you say "WitP owners" rather than "WitP players"...[:D]

*cringe*

mlees -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/24/2006 6:52:06 PM)

Another potential explanation is that WW2 happened, war in the 20's did not.

Most folks are more familiar with the personalities and equipment available in the WW2 years as opposed to 20 years prior to that.

A lot of folks have heard of the Yamato and Iowa, but not the Tosa...

With less familiarity with the stuff in the game (people and gear), their may less of a temptation to buy the game and play...

Arkady -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/26/2006 11:40:17 AM)

well, I'm owner and player of both games...and I must agree that WPO is more fun, fast to play...there can not be too many rants about unrealistic behaviour 'cause all the conflict is hypotethical...

in WitP almost everyone comparing against history, in WPO you just play and live with the results [8D]

Cmdrcain -> RE: Why so quiet? (7/28/2006 2:29:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

Another potential explanation is that WW2 happened, war in the 20's did not.

Most folks are more familiar with the personalities and equipment available in the WW2 years as opposed to 20 years prior to that.

A lot of folks have heard of the Yamato and Iowa, but not the Tosa...

With less familiarity with the stuff in the game (people and gear), their may less of a temptation to buy the game and play...

[:'(][:'(]

And as its a historical, people are going to wonder who is this and that leader...

I'm the Guy [:D][:D] who captains the BC Lexington

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI