A General Suggestion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

KG Erwin -> A General Suggestion (7/21/2006 5:46:16 AM)

For several years now , I've used this utility to test my PC for performance evaluation and problem detection:

http://pcpitstop.com/

These guys are trustworthy, and I've used it as a guide to make other tweaks on my system.

akw4572 -> RE: A General Suggestion (7/21/2006 6:26:18 AM)

I have as well, they proved a very useful service.

pasternakski -> RE: A General Suggestion (7/21/2006 6:45:32 AM)

Excellent suggestion. I have used PCPitstop's diagnostics for some time now with complete satisfaction.

You can also find some good links to products (they are in business, after all, and sell advertising to stay alive). You can also find links to sites where you can find useful information on how to maintain and configure your system. For example, I was thinking that I needed to eliminate a lot of the stuff I thought was running in the background on my system. A helpful commentator on a linked site offered the common sense advice that, "If it's not spyware or some invidious program that is interfering with your system's operation, don't worry about it. What you usually have running in the background only takes up a microscopic proportion of your memory, and it may do more harm than good shutting it down or removing it."

One other thing. There is no substitute for having your own favorite computer "geekoid" who knows computers, but fails at life in other respects, to keep you on the straight and narrow. One word of caution: these guys, though useful, will give you advice that needs to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. What's sensible to them is sometimes nonsense in practical application.

Okay. Down one run in the bottom of the eighth, one out, slow runner on second, your #8 hitter ("banjo" all the way; pitcher on deck, your bench has been unreliable in the clutch) at the plate. Enemy closer - a good one - warming up in the pen, the guy on the mound has been a little shaky. What now?

I'm outta here, fellas. I love this game...

rowech -> RE: A General Suggestion (7/21/2006 7:14:06 AM)

Always so worried about "free" programs.

akcranker -> RE: A General Suggestion (7/21/2006 7:27:43 AM)

A great site to goto for lists of great programs to use and also has an excellent forum with very knowledgeable people is www.majorgeeks.com

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI