Other Matrix games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

akw4572 -> Other Matrix games (7/21/2006 6:27:59 AM)

What other Matrix games would you recommend to a semi experienced past wargamer. My experience would include most of the older SSI games (Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General). I am familiar with those types of gameplay.

Claymore Cut -> RE: Other Matrix games (7/21/2006 6:40:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akw4572

What other Matrix games would you recommend to a semi experienced past wargamer. My experience would include most of the older SSI games (Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General). I am familiar with those types of gameplay.

This probably belongs in Matrix Open....
I have played the Harpoon boardgame which is fun, but never the computer version...

akw4572 -> RE: Other Matrix games (7/21/2006 6:53:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: akw4572

This probably belongs in Matrix Open....
I have played the Harpoon boardgame which is fun, but never the computer version...

I debated where to put it.....but I'm mostly a baseball guy and wanted to see what other games puresimmers were playing.

SpharV2 -> RE: Other Matrix games (7/21/2006 2:43:18 PM)

If you never got into anything more complex than the Generals series, most of the Matrix offerings are probably going to be more in depth than you're looking for. The Operational Art of War can be played without getting too deep into it, but to really understand and excel at it, you'd have to understand a lot of things under the hood. If you're determined to buy Matrix, I'd look at Spartan and Gates of Troy, those are good games, and not terribly complex. Or you could go old school (And free) and download the Steel Panthers reworking they have here. If you're willing to look outside Matrix, there are a few other suggestions I could give you.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI