Tweaking hit and run (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

akw4572 -> Tweaking hit and run (7/21/2006 6:55:01 AM)

Anyone else seeing lots of guys getting doubled off on hit and runs on what seem to be routine fly balls to the OF? I know it COULD happen, but IMO, it rarely does, most of the time, they'd have time to get back.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Tweaking hit and run (7/21/2006 7:06:20 AM)

Yeah, I see it happen more than I think it should...

Amaroq -> RE: Tweaking hit and run (7/21/2006 11:14:52 PM)

Have you ever seen a line drive to the outfield, according to the play-by-play? That could be what's happening, here.

Imagine a sinking liner which looks like it might drop in, being caught on the run by the fielder, who then throws behind the surprised runner.

akw4572 -> RE: Tweaking hit and run (7/21/2006 11:47:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amaroq

Have you ever seen a line drive to the outfield, according to the play-by-play? That could be what's happening, here.

Imagine a sinking liner which looks like it might drop in, being caught on the run by the fielder, who then throws behind the surprised runner.

I've seen lots of "line outs" to the OF, and I could understand a Hit and Run being busted on that. The one's I am referring to are clearly flyballs, both in trajectory, and in the play description.

BauerPower -> RE: Tweaking hit and run (7/22/2006 4:43:48 AM)

I also see way too many ground ball double plays on hit and run. You see this happen very rarely in MLB. I mean the point of hit and running is to stay out of the DP. I rarely use SAC and H&R because they seldom work IMO.

puresimmer -> RE: Tweaking hit and run (7/22/2006 3:06:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akw4572

Anyone else seeing lots of guys getting doubled off on hit and runs on what seem to be routine fly balls to the OF? I know it COULD happen, but IMO, it rarely does, most of the time, they'd have time to get back.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BauerPower
I also see way too many ground ball double plays on hit and run. You see this happen very rarely in MLB. I mean the point of hit and running is to stay out of the DP. I rarely use SAC and H&R because they seldom work IMO.

I'll look into both, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI