Rookie Signings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

henry296 -> Rookie Signings (7/23/2006 3:55:29 AM)

I know the CPU doesn't know names, but...

The Reds picked Joe Dimaggio with the 3rd pick in the draft and only signed him to a 1 year contract and he is now a free agent at 23 years old since they didn't offer him an extension after being rookie of the year and hitting 328 with 23 HRs. There is no mention of rejecting contract offers in the transaction history.

His ratings are excellent with 10 CH and 8 PH. I am using some tweaked evaluation weightings but this seems very odd. Can anyone explain that logic?

akcranker -> RE: Rookie Signings (7/23/2006 4:34:21 AM)

Could they not afford him?

henry296 -> RE: Rookie Signings (7/23/2006 4:50:17 AM)

The Reds payroll last year ranked 12th of 16 teams.  They should've had plenty of money.  There isn't much difference in the available finances in my association.

SittingDuck -> RE: Rookie Signings (7/23/2006 5:12:24 AM)

Ya know, I'd be tempted on some of these guys to go in and edit their contract years.  Eh, but the program needs to get stuff correct.  I don't know how players contracts are evaluated when a player is introduced into the league.  I am not sure how they are evaluated and ranked.

henry296 -> RE: Rookie Signings (7/23/2006 5:21:10 AM)

Your right about making those edits, unfortunately, I didn't notice until the free agency period.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI