Sim Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

dneely -> Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:08:46 PM)

Shaun:

After upgrading to the newest 1.26 beta this morning and re-booting the computer I played a couple of games in my fictional league DL'ed from PadresFan's site and then tried to sim one month and after 2-3 games the Game crashes. The error message is:

"C auto player-Object variable or with block variable not set"

This is not exact and word for word but it is close. I got out of the game and re-entered without re-booting but it happened again.

Hope you see this!!

DNeely

puresimmer -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:13:54 PM)

Does this happen with any association or just that one?

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:16:45 PM)

It happened to me, too, twice in one month of sims this morning.

I downloaded the patch again and reinstalled it to see if that helped but have not tried to sim since then. I am going to go at it again later this afternoon and will copy the error message if it happens again.

Sorry, but in a way I'm glad it happened to someone else, which means it is likely some kind of simple error in the patch that he can easily correct. [:)] I don't want to lose this league I'm playing.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:28:23 PM)

Okay, I went ahead and tried to sim a month with my current association after reinstalling the patch and rebooting and after a few days I got this error message:

Assertion Failed: C AutoPlayer:: SimOneGame error in CAugoPlayer:: SimOneGame - Object variable or with block variable not set

I think I got that right.

dneely -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:33:43 PM)

Shaun:

Well I was able to sim one month in my 1946 replay league just now so I'm not sure what that means?? I went back to the Fictional league file I DL'ed from PadresFan and tried to sim a month again but the same error occured so I guess this problem has something to do with his roster file. Do you agree??

DNeely

puresimmer -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:36:14 PM)

Can you guys do me a favor? Download this file and unzip the EXE over your current puresim2k7.exe. Then, when the error happens, you will get a chance to email me the details. Please do so, this will give me important information that will help me with diagnosing the crash.

Download debug version of PureSim 1.27

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Sim Problem (7/29/2006 9:38:25 PM)

Will do.  BTW, I created a new 4-team association and tried to sim a month, and the error occurred w/in a week.  I'll get that info back to you later this afternoon.

RedSox67 -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 2:10:11 AM)

I'm also getting the same error message as JW, but I think mine started in 1.25 and is still there in 1.26.

dneely -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 2:31:37 AM)

Shaun:

I just loaded your Debug file and tried to sim one month as before and the game crashed! The email generated from within the game should be on its way to you. Sure hope this helps!

Thanks, David

thesetter -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 6:24:45 AM)

Same problem here. 

middlega -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 7:37:31 AM)

Same problem here as well. Intermittent since installing 1.27 patch, occurs every 2-3 games after my team's game in completed in manage mode but somewhere in the process of simming the rest of that day's games.

FYI, I tried to install the debug .exe you linked above but while doing so I may have sent you some strange error message regarding it instead of the actual post-patch error.

Best I could figure out, the debug tried unzip & install, I wasn't watching it too closely & figured it had finished when I saw the screen that generates the debug info to the clipboard. I CTRL-V 'ed it into the email window & sent it to you. And then got another error message which appeared to be related not to the crash but rather to an error installing the debug. I think "ignore" was my next choice (trying to escape the loop) and got a different error message, something about a problem with my serial number ???

Bottom line: I'm not sure what the heck error I just emailed you the details of.

DandricSturm -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 8:08:57 AM)

I had posted this in another thread.  I still haven't upgraded from 1.24 so this started with at least that version:

Hi, been on vacation and just got back today.

I was getting the "Assertion Failed: CAutoPlayer:" message.  The only thing I could think to do was compact the association database from the options menu.  After that I never saw the error again.

henry296 -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 6:18:57 PM)

Just got an e-mail from Shaun that he fixed the error that was causing my crashes with CAutoPlayer error.

puresimmer -> RE: Sim Problem (7/30/2006 7:31:16 PM)

Fixed in this patch:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1210201

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI