Pitcher Ratings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

henry296 -> Pitcher Ratings (7/30/2006 3:16:27 AM)

SittingDuck made this observation in another thread, but I think it might have merit. The # of pitchers that are rated very high in stuff and control is very high.

I just started a new 1946 career and this player was imported with 88 stuff and 66 control. Ed Albosta. He played 2 years in the majors 1941 and 1946 (probably due to the war).

In 1946 he had an ERA of 6.13 and his WHIP was 1.92 in 39 innings pitched.

On the other hand, Bob Feller imported with stuff of 97 and control of 85 with high velocity.

About 75 pitchers imported with a stuff rating of 90. About 50 pitchers have control over 90.

On the other hand, hitters have a much normal distribution of contact and power ratings. Only 3 players have a contact rating over 90 (Musial, Williams, Pesky) and 3 hitters have power over 90 (Williams, Greenberg, Mize).

These very high ratings for the pitchers are driving their value in trade deals. Because of the depth of pitching I would always trade pitching for hitting since top hitters are so rare.

Is this intended due to normalization of eras, so that if I start a career in a more hitter friendly era like the 90s, few pitchers would have ratings in the 90s and hitters would have more 90 rated players?
Todd

SittingDuck -> RE: Pitcher Ratings (7/30/2006 3:56:00 AM)

You totally hit on something - the affected trade value.

I am not sure why the game imports them at those high values.  But I think it distorts stuff.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI