Same Problem with 2007 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

rich12545 -> Same Problem with 2007 (7/31/2006 4:15:11 AM)

Shawn, you might recall that after playing 2005 for a few months, all of a sudden it wouldn't work. I'd try to start it and all it would do is go "bonk." I wasn't so much concerned about 2005 as I was about 2007. Even though you kindly offered to let me try it first, after some thought I decided against 2007 because I felt it could work for a short while, then I'd pay for the game, and it might quit working just as 2005 did. So I went ahead and got ootp instead. For the most part I like it but it doesn't have a sandbox mode that would allow a league with historic teams from different years. Since that is important to me, and you had a sale, I thought I'd try the demo and if it worked, it would be worth a $15 gamble so I could play sandbox on PS. Anyway, it didn't work. It installed fine but went "bonk" when I tried to start the game so I gave up on it.

Then it just occured to me that I already paid for and own PS2005. It just doesn't work. If you could get it to work, I could use it and play the sandbox (although I need to download it again). Since I paid for the game and therefore should be able to use it then I would assume you would fix whatever bug is there. When you figure out the problem and it works, if you'd like to extend the sale because the demo didn't work at that time, I will buy 2007. Otherwise, no problem, I'll be happy to continue to play 2005.

puresimmer -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 2:56:34 AM)

Just to be clear this is not a bug in PureSim. If so we'd have hundreds of people posting this same issue.

My suggestion would be to try the latest 1.28 patch and see if it gives us an error report that we can work with.

Other things to try:

- Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed
- Disable any antivirus programs
- Uninstall and re-install the game
- Reboot
- Try again

SittingDuck -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 3:54:08 AM)

Good grief.  What are you on, Win95?

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 4:48:02 AM)

I don't have the 2007 game, but this problem occured with 2005.  I wrote to you about it months ago.  It just occured with the 2007 demo about a week or so ago.

I have a fairly new Sempron 2600, an nvidia 4000, a typical creative sound card, a gig of ram, plenty of hard drive space, win xp pro and I have all the latest drivers.  A few months ago I uninstalled and installed the game several times with no luck.  I'm using a different anti-virus program than I was then.  Since then I've reformatted my hard drive.  Lots of people use an anti-virus program.  If that was the cause, you'd have many people with this problem.  I've had a computer forever and have had probably hundreds of games over the years and never had this happen.  Especially when the game worked fine for a few months and then, out of the blue, it quit working for no reason and just makes a bonk sound when trying to start.  This only happens with PureSim.  If it's not a bug, then what is it?

puresimmer -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 5:50:12 AM)

I'm sorry I misread your post, I thought you said at $14.95 you tried PS 2007 and it still went "bonk"

My only guess is you installed another program that has caused some kind of corruption. PureSim would not just stop working randomly.

What operating system are you running?

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 6:16:30 AM)

I'm running xp pro.  2005 stopped working a few months ago and we had a conversation about it at that time.  However, I have reformatted my hard drive since then.  I don't have any exotic programs installed, just some basic stuff and games.  I can list them from the add remove program if that will help.  I only have the original IE installed since I use Firefox.  The whole thing is very baffling.

verizon32 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 6:24:36 AM)

Is your windows updated? Did you do a window update?

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/1/2006 6:31:19 AM)

My windows is on auto update so it's always up to date. 

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/5/2006 2:29:14 AM)

bump

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/5/2006 10:14:25 PM)

Shaun, just wondering if you're planning to address this or not.

The problem has to be with PureSim.  I've never seen (or even heard of) anything like it before.  I have vanilla type hardware and vanilla type software and the game doesn't work at all.

puresimmer -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/5/2006 11:10:58 PM)

I've never seen or heard of it either. I'll refund your money. Send me an email at shaun@puresim.com

middlega -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/14/2006 7:33:22 AM)

First thing that came to mind when you mentioned that "bonk" sound when trying to start a program, is that I hear that when I'm trying to start a program that's already running (although there's also an accompanying Windows error window that also comes up IIRC).

I'm going to assume that you've re-booted your computer at least once since this first started happening with the '07 demo and that the problem persists, so that probably isn't going to be the situation but that's about the only thing that I can think of that produces what you're describing.

Nomo Ootp -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/14/2006 10:29:47 PM)

The "bonk" is the opening of a firefox window.  Set Internet Explorer as your default and try the game.  Just a hunch. 

SittingDuck -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (8/15/2006 12:20:13 AM)

Would be interesting to find out, that's for sure.

rich12545 -> RE: Same Problem with 2007 (9/9/2006 9:36:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomo Ootp

The "bonk" is the opening of a firefox window. Set Internet Explorer as your default and try the game. Just a hunch.

I had already tried that and it didn't help. Also, every time over the last several months that I upgraded a driver or got new hardware (for example I recently got a new mouse) I downloaded the demo to try it.

But the reason I'm posting now (an fyi for Shaun) it that there's a thread at the ootp forum about PS and someone else posted and has the same exact problem. So it's not just me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI