NAMBLA Association (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> The Locker

akcranker -> NAMBLA Association (7/31/2006 8:53:04 PM)

For all of you that are currently playing PadresFan's NAMBLA Association this is the place to post your results/updates so we can all compare how our own version of his Association is doing.

Here's the teams each of us are currently controlling

PadresFan - San Diego Surf Dawgs
Dneely - Phoenix Sidewinders
Akcranker - Orlando Thunder
Scott - Chicago Bombers
SittingDuck - Portland Beavers
Verizon32 - Las Vegas Gamblers
Pbot - New Hampshire River Cats
Deltadog - Atlanta Rebels

scott32671 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (7/31/2006 10:12:08 PM)

I will be the Chicago Bombers! I checked out an old thread from Pad, and saw his logos and team names. They rock! Can't wait to get a hold of this league! So mark me for the Bombers! Go Chicago!!![:D]

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (7/31/2006 11:44:02 PM)

San Diego Surf Dawgs Update - May 12, 2000 (did you notice that we are starting in 2000?)

To catch up, let's look at the transactions for San Diego so far this season. Might be interesting if we end up with some of the same players on our teams!

4/1/2000 San Diego traded Charles Lewis to Philadelphia for Jesse Cantu
Just a couple of minor league players. Trying to improve my proposects.

4/11/2000 San Diego traded Alfonzo Chaffee & Jack Wilke to Boston for Joseph Kelley & Mario Garrett
I needed a closer, and I could afford Kelley who has done a good job for me this season so far. It hurts not having Wilke though, as he's now batting .314 for Boston. He was only hitting .200 when I traded him.

4/25/2000 San Diego traded Mario Garrett, Joseph Turner & Jessie Stewart to Pittsburgh for Jason Bates, Ronald Lewis, and Dion Fields
This trade has helped turn around my offense from the worst to middle of the pack. My relief pitching has suffered for losing Turner and Stewart, but we're hanging in there by getting 7 to 8 innings from the starters.

4/25/2000 San Diego traded Steve Reeder to Las Vegas for Clyde Burks
After losing Turner, I needed another starter, and Burks is doing well.

So here is the summary of our season to date:

Record: 21-15 (on a 7 game winning streak)
Standings: 5 games behind Phoenix who are 26-10
Finances: 33million available
Team Offense: 17th (153 runs scored)
Team Defense: 4th (141 runs against)

As for the League Leaders, since this will be interesting to compare:

Avg. Jim Novak, Michigan, .382
HRs Christopher Laverriere, San Francisco & Patrick Dinardo, Anaheim 13
RBI Justin Cruz, Washington, 39
SB Roy Garcia, San Diego, 25
OBP Jasper Oliveira, Atlanta, .448

Anything else I should report?

[image]local://upfiles/17663/DBE9B365B310472FAB921FBCEF49EC52.jpg[/image]

scott32671 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 12:17:32 AM)

Hey, how many players does each team start with? Just curious, haven't made it home yet to start. gonna have to put this on my pc at work![&o]

verizon32 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 12:40:04 AM)

The whole League Standings if you don't mind.

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 12:59:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott32671

Hey, how many players does each team start with? Just curious, haven't made it home yet to start. gonna have to put this on my pc at work![&o]

LOL, I can't remember!! I think I have it set for 50 or 60 man rosters. I'll check later.

EDIT: Ok, it's configured for 60 man rosters.

dneely -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 3:58:25 AM)

PadresFan:

The Phoenix team I am managing was renamed the Sidewinders and we are on a bit of a hot streak winning 5 in a row and are now up to 13-19 and we are in 5th place. BTW we are only 4 games behind the 17-15 San Diego squad. My top 4 guys in the lineup are hitting well, the bottom 4 are barely hitting their weight! I have seen an increase in offense since going to 1.28 which is good because aveages etc. were pretty sad! Phoenix is lead by Paul Pfaff who is hitting .355.

I will continue to update as I move forward.

David
Phoenix Sidewinders-NAMBLA

SittingDuck -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 4:08:11 AM)

Cool.  I'll have to get in on this.  I'll do Portland.

akcranker -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 4:21:23 AM)

Okay well so far after managing the first 5 games of the season my Orlando Thunder have gone 4 - 1 with the one loss being by 1 run.

Our top 3 hitters(min 10 AB)-

1B Mike Riggs .571 1 HR 2 RBI
2B Sean Madore .471 0 HR 0 RBI
LF Curt Harvey .412 3 HR 10 RBI

Our top 3 pitchers(min 7IP)

#3 SP William Mooney 0.00 ERA 6 SO 1BB
#5 SP Jerry Graham 1.00 ERA 3 SO 5 BB
#2 SP Walter Hurwitz 1.00 ERA 6 SO 3 BB

Orlando is in 1st in the Eastern Division of the Great American League
Phoenix is in 1st in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 5 - 0
San Diego is in 2nd in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 3 - 2
Chicago is in 5th in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 2 - 3
Portland is in 5th inthe Western Division of the Great American League with a record of 2 - 3

Avg. Benjamin Bracey, Toronto, .500
HRs Curt Harvey, Orlando & Kevin Bullock, Winston-Salem 3
RBI Curt Harvey, Orlando, 10
SB Charles Saavedra, Atlantic City, 4
OBP James Chan, Washington & Benjamin Bracey, Toronto .556

scott32671 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 6:01:27 AM)

With a homestand to start off the season, The Chicago Bombers welcomed to town the Surf Dawgs of San Deigo, and with the wind blowing in, it was supposed to be a pitching duel, but not for the hometown Bombers.  After starting pitcher Joe Turner went down after only one inning of work, the visitors thought their day bleak, but their bats did all the talking, along with a stellar outing from relief pitcher Jessie Stewart who tossed 7 shutout innings on the way to a 5-1 San Deigo victory.  The 'Dawgs Lawrence Crawford went 2-4 hitting the games only bomb, and the Chicago big three of Tierney, Navarro, and Waldron went 0-11.

Game two of this season opening series found the tables turned on the Surf Dawgs as the dominant pitching belonged to the Bombers.  Still no sign of the explosive bats the Bombers were talked up as having, not yet, but some timely hitting and small ball accompanied with solid defense evened up the series at 1-1. 
Chicago's Thomas Johnson went 7 strong innings giving up 3 hits and 3 walks while fanning 8!  San Deigo's Kris Moses was roughed up for 3 runs in 6 innings, but Jesse Stewart added 2 more shutout innings to his early season resume.  Game three is building up as a classic rubber match to start out this new baseball season.

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 6:09:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely
Phoenix is lead by Paul Pfaff who is hitting .355.

David
Phoenix Sidewinders-NAMBLA

Interesting. In my dimension, Paul Pfaff is the starting shotstop for Phoenix but bats 6th and 8th. After 117 ABs he's hitting .282 with 2HR and 15 RBI. His batting average has only been above .300 two times all season. He also has the third lowest batting average on the starting 8.

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 6:11:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott32671

With a homestand to start off the season, The Chicago Bombers welcomed to town the Surf Dawgs of San Deigo, and with the wind blowing in, it was supposed to be a pitching duel, but not for the hometown Bombers. After starting pitcher Joe Turner went down after only one inning of work, the visitors thought their day bleak, but their bats did all the talking, along with a stellar outing from relief pitcher Jessie Stewart who tossed 7 shutout innings on the way to a 5-1 San Deigo victory. The 'Dawgs Lawrence Crawford went 2-4 hitting the games only bomb, and the Chicago big three of Tierney, Navarro, and Waldron went 0-11.

Game two of this season opening series found the tables turned on the Surf Dawgs as the dominant pitching belonged to the Bombers. Still no sign of the explosive bats the Bombers were talked up as having, not yet, but some timely hitting and small ball accompanied with solid defense evened up the series at 1-1.
Chicago's Thomas Johnson went 7 strong innings giving up 3 hits and 3 walks while fanning 8! San Deigo's Kris Moses was roughed up for 3 runs in 6 innings, but Jesse Stewart added 2 more shutout innings to his early season resume. Game three is building up as a classic rubber match to start out this new baseball season.

Great stuff!!! Thanks for reminding me how great of a pitcher I lost when I traded Stewart. [:(]

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 6:22:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Okay well so far after managing the first 5 games of the season my Orlando Thunder have gone 4 - 1 with the one loss being by 1 run.

Yikes! Riggs is batting .209 with 5 HR on my machine! The highest he's been is .333 and that was after the first game of the season!!!

I'm starting to wonder, when are the hidden ratings generated? I would think we'd be seeing the same general performances from these guys....

verizon32 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 6:28:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

quote:

Yikes! Riggs is batting .209 with 5 HR on my machine! The highest he's been is .333 and that was after the first game of the season!!!

I'm starting to wonder, when are the hidden ratings generated? I would think we'd be seeing the same general performances from these guys....

small size sample so far.

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 7:05:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: verizon32

quote:

ORIGINAL: PadresFan104

quote:

small size sample so far.

So take over a team and increase our sample size. [:)]

verizon32 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 7:19:24 AM)

I am going to try Las Vegas.

It should be fun.

Thanks for a great template.

akcranker -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 7:32:28 AM)

Just a real quick question for everyone.  At this moment.. how many games in are you in your season?

I've managed 8 games today so far.  I'm going to stop for the day when I get to 10 games.  I'm trying to catch up with PadresFan so our stats will be around the same amount of games played.

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 8:12:42 AM)

Well, I'm 36 games in, and probably going to play a few games tonight to test out the newest patch. 

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 8:13:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: verizon32

I am going to try Las Vegas.

It should be fun.

Thanks for a great template.

Cool, thanks verizon!

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 8:16:29 AM)

Verizon, AK, SittingDuck....

You are going to spend most of your time managing games in ballparks with minor league photos (although the dimensions and walls are all identical - only the altitude is different).  Can you give me your thoughts on how the game "looks" when playing this way?  Is it not as fun as playing with the major league photos?  Does it make a difference to you?

akcranker -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 8:39:00 AM)

Okay well so far after managing the first 10 games of the season my Orlando Thunder have gone 6 - 4.

Our top 3 hitters(min 30 AB)-

1B Mike Riggs .484 3 HR 8 RBI
C Jonathan Erickson .400 1 HR 9 RBI
LF Curt Harvey .306 3 HR 11 RBI

Our top 3 pitchers(min 14 IP)

#4 SP Roger Spencer 1.23 ERA 12 SO 7 BB
#5 SP Jerry Graham 1.29 ERA 7 SO 6 BB
#2 SP Walter Hurwitz 4.20 ERA 9 SO 4 BB

Orlando is tied for 1st in the Eastern Division of the Great American League with Atlantic City
Phoenix is in 1st in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 7 - 3
San Diego is in 5th in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 3 - 7
Chicago is in 6th in the Western Division of the Metropolitan League with a record of 2 - 8
Portland is in 5th in the Western Division of the Great American League with a record of 4 - 6
Las Vegas is in 2nd in the Western Division of the Great American League with a record of 7 - 3

Avg. Mike Riggs, Orlando, .484
HRs Kevin Bullock, Winston-Salem 5
RBI Larry Holliman, Las Vegas, 12
SB Kenneth McGill, Portland, 7
OBP Mike Riggs, Orlando .529

PadresFan104 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/1/2006 9:20:50 AM)

Damn, lost to Washington when my closer gave up a walk-off 3 run homer in the bottom of the 9th.  So much for the winning streak.  I'm now at 22-16, and 5 games out of first.

scott32671 -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/2/2006 12:01:54 AM)

I AM JUST FINISHED WITH THE FIRST FULL WEEK, 8 GAMES IN WITH A RECORD OF 4-4, A GAME BEHIND SAN DEIGO AND IN 5TH PLACE..CHASING PHOENIX AS WELL[:'(]

pbot -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/2/2006 2:36:43 AM)

Nifty idea.  I'm going to try running the New Hampshire River Cats.

dneely -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/2/2006 3:40:27 AM)

Guys:

This is getting pretty exciting! almost like a league but this has another slant in that we can compare our parrallel universes. Kinda sounds like Star Trek......beam me up Scottie.

DNeely

Deltadog -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/2/2006 5:50:55 AM)

I have to get in on this.  Since Atlanta is the closest available city to home, I will play the Rebels[:)]

akcranker -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/2/2006 11:38:00 AM)

Had my first Grand Slam Home Run of the season and it came at a good time. It's the top of the 7th and my team is tied with Las Vegas 2 - 2. I pinch hit for my pitcher with 2B Michael Gill that has a contact rating of 8. He grounds out.. 1 out. My leadoff hitter Jeffrey Rhodes singles up the middle and then I have him steal second. My second hitter Curt Harvey singles through the hole on the leftside and now I have runners on 1st & 3rd. The opposing pitcher Roy Latorre walks my 3rd hitter Raul Olszewski and now the bases are loaded with 1 out!!! The opposing GM decides to change pitchers and brings in a lefty William Reid. I'm thinking oh great there goes my chance at scoring. He ends up striking out my 4th hitter Mike Riggs and now I'm down to one out. Up comes my 3B Roderick Robinson who I just traded for a few days before. He smacks the 2nd pitch to LF going 372ft. I guess I could say the wind helped it abit since it was blowing to LF at 12MPH but hey it sure did help me break open the game and eventually the win.

BTW I noticed that Grand Slam's are not noted in the Players Card anywhere and I think they should be. Also in the Highlights section that you can get to on the bottom menu, it doesn't list Robinson's Grand Slam there either. I was rather shocked at both of these considering players don't hit Grand Slam's everyday.

Deltadog -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/3/2006 6:00:32 AM)

My NANBLA has completed its first week of play. Standings, pitching, and batting leaders follow:

[image]local://upfiles/19939/7784E741144D4D798694FE126E2BA98B.jpg[/image]

Deltadog -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/3/2006 6:01:37 AM)

Batting

[image]local://upfiles/19939/AB4CE8E0C998472BB9E4C2E9F49F943E.jpg[/image]

Deltadog -> RE: NAMBLA Association (8/3/2006 6:02:39 AM)

Pitching

[image]local://upfiles/19939/75D70003242745C88B79F67B75584EC0.jpg[/image]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI