Occupation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

goodwoodrw -> Occupation (8/1/2006 4:31:47 AM)

What are the governing factors of occupied provinces, in reference to them becoming apart of your economy. Eg. after a province surrenders, sometimes the province becomes a full province ( no diagonal lines) immediately and other times it takes months, is this random or are there things that u can do to hasten process?
Ron

Annagil -> RE: Occupation (8/1/2006 9:57:12 AM)

I might be wrong, but I think they become immediatly yours if they are your enemies' protectorates, while you need a peace treaty if they are their national provinces.

A.

goodwoodrw -> RE: Occupation (8/3/2006 6:40:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Annagil

I might be wrong, but I think they become immediatly yours if they are your enemies' protectorates, while you need a peace treaty if they are their national provinces.

A.

It appears that it is a random thingy I have captured both enemy and my old provinces and previuosly owned protectrates some instantly become mine others are in a state of occupation. Eric can you shine some light on this subject.

Mr. Z -> RE: Occupation (8/8/2006 4:00:58 AM)

Occupation is now explained in chapter 5 of the revised manual (section 5.7 to be exact--oops, there is an error in the revised manual. Rats. "Occupation and Conquest" should be section 5.7.)

(There is a limited discussion in section 5.3--probably I should have changed the section heading for 5.3, though, to avoid confusion.)

Provinces become occupied (cross-hatching) when the province's city becomes captured (i.e. there are no opposing forces in the city) but the player to which the province belongs is still autonomous (i.e. is a nation, a protectorate country, or an independent country).

Provinces become conquered (solid color) either if it is the capital province of a country, or (if it is not the capital province) whenever the capital city of the owning country becomes captured. The capital city of a country is the one with a star on it.

So the basic rules are:

1) If at war with the owner, then the province becomes occupied if not a capital province.

2) But the province becomes captured whenever the capital province of the owner is also captured by somebody.

(So, in the case of conquering the captial city, then the province obviously becomes captured, b/c it is the capital province!)

And yes, in the case of provinces directly controlled by a nation, it takes a peace treaty (or some other treaty with a Cede Province clause) to conquer such provinces.

Note that protectorates are not directly controlled by a nation; they follow the normal rules, even though they are protected.

goodwoodrw -> RE: Occupation (8/8/2006 10:47:05 AM)

Thanks Z, you're made it clear as mud[:D]

Mr. Z -> RE: Occupation (8/9/2006 5:06:00 AM)

Hah--it makes sense once you know the rules and watch it in action. Once your forces are unopposed by an enemy garrison, you can ask a simple question:

Q) Is it the capital province of a country?

1) If no, then it becomes occupied (diagonal striping)
2) If yes, then it becomes captured (solid color).

3) Plus, when the capital province of a country becomes captured, _so do any other occupied provinces of the country_.

That's it--those are the rules.

gdpsnake -> RE: Occupation (8/9/2006 6:24:34 PM)

Mr. Z,
Then it ain't working because I occupied Berg and Nuremberg (part of Bavaria) and when Bavaria fell (became solid blue and conquered) the other provinces became yellow crosshatched and owned by Austria EVEN though I had conquered and occupied them as France.  When Austria finally surrendered, the provinces became solid yellow and I was kicked out.  I had to spend my forced surrender points making Austria cede those provinces back to me.
This is so wrong since I had already conquered and occupied them when they were part of Bavaria and I conquered Bavaria.
So no, the rules don't work.

Mr. Z -> RE: Occupation (8/14/2006 2:19:41 PM)

1) What scenario was this?

2) When you say you occupied Berg and Nuremberg, do you mean you saw your (blue) diagonal crosshatching on them?

3) Was Bavaria independent, protected, or conquered when you occupied Berg and Nuremberg, and if protected or conuered, which nation had protected or conquered it?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI