Patch 1.29 Available (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

puresimmer -> Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 6:25:12 AM)

1.29 is a BETA patch, so all disclaimers apply. Do not download this if you are not willing to deal with possible issues. The plan from here on in is NO new features and I'll try and chip away at some annoying issues as soon as I can. 1.29 solves a few that have been driving me crazy :)

Download the 1.29 beta patch

- Fix: In some cases, when the play by play indicated a player made a two base throwing error, the resulting error only played out as a one base error

- Fix: Rarely, fly balls would be reported as traveling 0' (in the red box) when watching a game

- Tweak: Fly ball distance on HR's was being impacted too much by the physics code changes made in 1.28 which was resulting in too many HR's turning into fly balls, leading to lower offensive numbers. This has been tweaked. Note, pre-1.28, based on my analysis there was still a tad too many HR's so 1.29 while closer to pre-1.28 numbers still results in a little bit lower number of HRs on average.

puresimmer -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 6:30:17 AM)

bump

Nukester -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 6:34:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

The plan from here on in is NO new features

Hahaha....yeah, right [;)]

akcranker -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 6:53:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

- Tweak: Fly ball distance on HR's was being impacted too much by the physics code changes made in 1.28 which was resulting in too many HR's turning into fly balls, leading to lower offensive numbers. This has been tweaked. Note, pre-1.28, based on my analysis there was still a tad too many HR's so 1.29 while closer to pre-1.28 numbers still results in a little bit lower number of HRs on average.

The part about too many HR's turning into fly balls... I haven't seen that in any of my associations with 1.28. In fact I had 8 HR's in the first game of the season..

but thanks for the new update Shaun!!!

wlfcards -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 7:37:49 AM)

!st game with new patch. Runner of first. 2 base throwing error resulted in runners on 1st & 2nd.

JB44 -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 7:38:04 AM)

I had 13 errors between the two teams once.

I just figured they were drunk.

Woodruff -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 7:43:37 AM)

That sounds like my softball team.

And not just the drunk part.

PadresFan104 -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 9:21:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wlfcards

!st game with new patch. Runner of first. 2 base throwing error resulted in runners on 1st & 2nd.

anyone else see this?

puresimmer -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 2:10:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wlfcards

Yea, there was still one message I didn't update correctly. It will be fixed in 1.29a thanks.

SittingDuck -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 2:49:23 PM)

Thanks for the patch, Shaun, and the explanation on HR totals for expectations, too.

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/1/2006 5:10:13 PM)

Thanks for the patch.  My homerun totals are back up to normal in simming half a season, more runs are being scored, and it appears batting averages have shown something of a corresponding jump, all back to what was roughly average for the league I've been playing.  And ERAs are up some, but not drastically.  I think some of the pitchers are complaining that the ball has been juiced, though. [:)]  Although the pitcher on the team I'm managing who set an ERA record the last two seasons, appears to be on his way to still another ERA record.

wlfcards -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/2/2006 7:32:10 AM)

Still having runner on first (speed of 100) thrown out at second with a runner also on third.

Ankit -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/2/2006 2:05:26 PM)

The game is freezing on me at times. It occurs during games and while simming games. An error message doesn't show up, it just freezes. Anyone else seeing this? Also, the Error 91 occurs sometimes (once every 10 games played out) while I am playing out games...

puresimmer -> RE: Patch 1.29 Available (8/2/2006 3:19:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ankit

The game is freezing on me at times. It occurs during games and while simming games. An error message doesn't show up, it just freezes. Anyone else seeing this? Also, the Error 91 occurs sometimes (once every 10 games played out) while I am playing out games...

I'll release the next patch as a debug build. That will help us track down whatever issue you are hitting. Make sure to grab it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI