Tag from Second (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

henry296 -> Tag from Second (8/2/2006 3:37:31 AM)

I know many people have complained about being asked about tagging from first to second. It is a rare play, but Miguel Tejada just tagged from first to second on a fly ball to the warning track in right. The right fielder was Ichiro. That probably was the equivalent of a 60 speed tagging to second on a 95 arm. So it does happen sometimes. If that happened in the sim, we'd have seen plenty of complaints about the game.

JimboJ -> RE: Tag from Second (8/2/2006 4:25:41 AM)

So for something that happens once in a blue moon, I have to answer the question EVERY single time I have a runner on 1st and there is a fly out with less than 2 outs?  To me its just annoying.

I think the only way you can please everyone is to make it a threshhold that you can edit in the XML file.  For example, only ask me the question if my runner's speed rating is more than x, and the fielder's arm rating is less than y.

Amaroq -> RE: Tag from Second (8/2/2006 4:48:04 AM)

One thing to remember on the shallow to medium fly balls is that the typical runner will wait *halfway* - that way he can't be gunned out at second if the OF lets it drop in front of him. So, I certainly shouldn't have the *option* on a shallow fly ball.

akcranker -> RE: Tag from Second (8/2/2006 7:54:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JimboJ
I think the only way you can please everyone is to make it a threshhold that you can edit in the XML file. For example, only ask me the question if my runner's speed rating is more than x, and the fielder's arm rating is less than y.

That's a pretty good idea. In fact I really like that idea. Maybe have that option in the manager settings page.

SittingDuck -> RE: Tag from Second (8/2/2006 3:43:37 PM)

I'll back Jimbo's idea on the base advance option.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI