New to game - a question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

voteslave -> New to game - a question (8/5/2006 10:12:56 AM)

Hi

I actually bought this game when it first came out but for various reasons didn't have the time to get into it.

I see there have been at least 2 patches and wonder if my old Manual is way out of date, or indeed if the patches actually patch the manual as well?

So, is there an up to date manual or at least a list of addenda somewhere (rather than just the patch notes which won't refer directly to the manual.

Also, any tips for how best a new player learn this game much appreciated.

thanks

Clausel -> RE: New to game - a question (8/5/2006 1:58:55 PM)

Installing the new patch 1.2.25 just released will bring your original game right up to date. This includes an updated manual which you may find a bit confusing at present as it doesn't seem to include any screenshots - which do appear in the orignal manual for the game.

Re getting started. My best advice is do not start with France but go for a smaller power eg Sweden. There is also the choice of scenario. For a new starter I would recommend 1792 rather than the standard (1805) although I am biased as this happens to be the start period I always play, more often as Russia. 1792 advantages are that the major powers are more equal, units are less experienced/trained and you have 23 years (if you choose) to make your mark and recover from any earlier mistakes.

Raleigh has produced some really helpful guides which you can find listed in the War Room. When I started the most useful was his guide for how to set up your country at the start - I think this is included in the manual.

COG can appear a bit confusing when you first start playing but my advice is to persevere and the game concepts will soon start to make sense. Its a great game to play with a nice balance between strategy and the tactical (using the detailed battle option, which is almost a mini game in itself). Hope you enjoy it.

voteslave -> RE: New to game - a question (8/5/2006 6:32:46 PM)

thanks Clausel

you are right  - it is ab it daunting!  :)

i'll have alook at the stuff you suggested - at least the manual is updated

cheers

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI