Tanker won't load oil (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

qgaliana -> Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 8:19:33 PM)

I had some tankers carrying oil to Australia mistakenly unload some in PagoPago when refuelling. There is 6k oil there now that I can't for the life of me make a tanker collect.

The load oil button is there - and it says loading oil when selected. But next turn the tanker is empty and the loading has stopped. If a destination is set the tanker will immediately leave empty.

Any ideas? Odd base limitations, magic order sequences...

IS2m -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 8:53:28 PM)

I think that the tanker loads the oil, then unloads the oil at the same time. I have seen something similar to this with my tanker groups. I solve the problem by giving them "do not unload" orders. Hope this helps...

qgaliana -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 9:01:48 PM)

Already tried that as well it didn't work for me. 'Do not unload' with and without a destination set. Any other ideas?

Don Bowen -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 9:23:53 PM)

A limitation in the Oil load routine requires that there be at least one resource point at the base before oil can be loaded. Just get some resource points the Pago Pago.

Technical discussion for those that are interested (or bored).

This stems from the fact that the program allows mixed Oil/Resource loading for a TF. There is only one load control on the Task Force screen. Depending on TF composition it will display:
Load Oil if one or more tankers are included.
Load Resources if one or more AKs are included.
Load Oil/Resources if one or more of each are included.

The underlying load routines, however, check for load of all possible ships in the Task Force. This results in two separate checks, one for “is there oil available?” and another for “is there resource available?”. In each case, a “No” answer will cause cancellation of the load order. The controls and the sequence of the checks results in a load cancellation due to no-resources overriding the load order for oil.

This means that a command to “Load Resources” will work if there is no oil but a command to “Load Oil” will fail if there are no resources.

We are aware of this problem but it is not a priority item and has not been addressed in 1.8.0.2. We did look at it. There was an original assumption that this problem might be caused by an reference error (checking resource stocks instead of oil stocks) but it turned out to be more complex. Just did not make the cut.

A review of the entire load process (especially that for troops) is on the wish list. Sometime between now and porcine aviation.

dtravel -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 9:28:08 PM)

*wonders how hard it would be to strap a pig to a carrier's launch catapult*  [:D]

qgaliana -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 9:40:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

*wonders how hard it would be to strap a pig to a carrier's launch catapult*  [:D]

Not hard at all but then we would have to put up with endless threads arguing for superior Jap Pig performance at high altitude/early war, why US pig farming has been grossly undermodeled and the historical inability of the Sapporo Farmers Collective to expand their livestock enclosures.

Thanks Don, btw.

And hope noone gets offended I do enjoy the grog threads for the most part [:D]

dtravel -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/17/2006 11:27:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qgaliana

quote:

Not hard at all but then we would have to put up with endless threads arguing for superior Jap Pig performance at high altitude/early war, why US pig farming has been grossly undermodeled and the historical inability of the Sapporo Farmers Collective to expand their livestock enclosures.

Not to mention the discussions about whether or not the Japanese early war practice of greasing their Pigs really did increase their performance enough to justify a programmed bonus in A2A. [:D]

Don Bowen -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/18/2006 12:00:59 AM)

quote:

That would depend on what one used as the "hard point".

MarcA -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/18/2006 12:14:18 AM)

I always wondered why you could load oil if resources where present but not oil on it's own. Don is like a window into the code. Things are starting to become much clearer.

Rainer -> RE: Tanker won't load oil (8/18/2006 7:27:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mantill

I always wondered why you could load oil if resources where present but not oil on it's own. Don is like a window into the code. Things are starting to become much clearer.

That's what I call a compliment!
And a well deserved laudation I think.
Don, stay with us [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI