Corps HQ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room

philturco -> Corps HQ (8/18/2006 6:12:05 PM)

Do Corps HQ offer benefit only to thier subordinate divisions in FITE or can they help all adjacent units for resupply, etc. How do you know which units are subordinate?

TOCarroll -> RE: Corps HQ (8/18/2006 6:19:19 PM)

I dunno, but have a related question (from FITE, but relates to other games, too). The are headquarters units makked HQ, and (presumably) upper-level HQ (Army, Amry Group, ect.), that have a checkerboard pattern (and often come with a supply unit). What is the difference in their function?[&:]

LLv34_Snefens -> RE: Corps HQ (8/19/2006 3:21:50 AM)

Those Corps HQ's can help all adjacent units.

HQ-units have exactly the same abillities whether they have the "HQ"- or the checkerboard-icon. In this particular scenario the HQ symbol, like you write, is used for the lowest level HQ's (Divisions for the Germans, Corps for the Soviet). The checkerboard-icon is then used for higher level HQ's.

TOCarroll -> RE: Corps HQ (8/19/2006 3:53:20 AM)

Bless you [&o]! I looked in the manual (HQ, alt HQ), and in the HOLY GRAIL (DNO). The Checkered units seemd to merely be upper level headqueaters, with the extra bells and whistles (guns, AA, ferry eqpt.) that any self respecting GeneralFeildmarschall would rate [:'(]! I was worried that they had some extra secret occult power, or perhaps were the Generals that received the bribes (ahem, supplimental pay), from the German Govt. Nothing like a nice estate and a few million reichsmarks (in gold) to keep a hard working officer happy.

golden delicious -> RE: Corps HQ (8/19/2006 4:53:15 PM)

It all depends on co-operation levels. In the particular case of Fire in the East I seem to recall everyone is the same icon colour so they all get to co-operate. A division HQ from Army Group South could benefit corps assets from Army Group North, etc.

Sandrik -> RE: Corps HQ (8/20/2006 7:15:52 PM)

Checkered HQ units...

It also depends upon how the designer used them! I tend to use the checkered HQ units/icons as Alternate Divisional HQ's. Some armys used them in case the Divisional HQ was hit and for greater command & control. The IDF during the Yom Kippur War, 1973 is a good example where MG Albert Mandler's 252nd Divisional HQ was hit and he was killed. The Alternate HQ quickly took over. Also on October 15-16th MG Sharon left the Alternate HQ under General Jackie Even in command of units on the East Bank of the Suez (the Sinai) when whe transfered to the West Bank (Africa).
So you kind of need to look at the OOB for each scenario to see how the scenario designer used the "Checkerboard" and "HQ" Icons. Hope this helps provide another perspective.

Al

Anthropoid -> RE: Corps HQ (8/31/2006 7:48:36 PM)

I seem to recall someone clarifying that the bolstering effects of HQs is not cumulative, so a unit will not get an extra bonus from being next to more than one HQ.

But, does a unit get a supply bonus from being adjacent to ANY HQ? Or only adjacent to an HQ in it's formation?

Also, HQs cause both an increased RATE of resupplying/regaining health status, AND a higher than normal max supply level (up to max of 150% right?)

Totally questions that I should know, but the manual does not come right out and clarify these distinctions IIRC, and some of the things I've seen folks say on here make me wonder.

Having figured out about the 150% deal, my new trick is to send units to the rear where there are high supply tiles, to sit with their HQ for a few turns until they get up to absolute max supply levels, THEN send them back to field operations with a longer endurance!

golden delicious -> RE: Corps HQ (9/1/2006 3:14:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

But, does a unit get a supply bonus from being adjacent to ANY HQ? Or only adjacent to an HQ in it's formation?

Any co-operative HQ.

quote:

Also, HQs cause both an increased RATE of resupplying/regaining health status, AND a higher than normal max supply level (up to max of 150% right?)

The maximum supply level of 150% doesn't depend on HQs. But the excess above 100% is lost when the unit moves.

quote:

Having figured out about the 150% deal, my new trick is to send units to the rear where there are high supply tiles, to sit with their HQ for a few turns until they get up to absolute max supply levels, THEN send them back to field operations with a longer endurance!

See above. Once they're over 100%, they're not making any permanent gains.

Anthropoid -> RE: Corps HQ (9/1/2006 8:03:25 AM)

Hmmm. Back to the drawing board . . .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI