Overland Supply Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

jrlans -> Overland Supply Problem (8/24/2006 10:34:15 PM)

In my game v. the AI on hard how can i get suffcient supplies from India into Burma? Right now i have my defesive line set up at Mandalay yet i cant seem to get enough supply there. I have 600 AP and 200 A/C. I need to get about 17k supplies for full operations. 20k is prefered though.

Currently i have 3 transport groups transporting supplies from Chandpur yet my suplies seem to vary wildy from day to day. Any ideas how to get my suplies up? I already have the Burma Crops HQ and an RAF HQ trying to draw supplies doenst seemt to help

Mynok -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/24/2006 11:40:50 PM)

More transports. The problem is the supply lines are just trails.

RUPD3658 -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/25/2006 12:26:35 AM)

Pull back to a Jorhat to Chandpur line. You will be in full supply and your opponant will starve in the jungle. Hitting him with bombers from Calcutta will only add to his misery.

dtravel -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/25/2006 1:44:19 AM)

What they said.  Basicly, your problem is that you are expecting supply to move overland.  It doesn't, not really.  Along the rail lines you can usually get enough to move to not starve.  Off the rail lines, furgetboutit.

JeffroK -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/25/2006 6:04:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

Pull back to a Jorhat to Chandpur line. You will be in full supply and your opponant will starve in the jungle. Hitting him with bombers from Calcutta will only add to his misery.

A bit drastic, Cox's Bazaar, Imphal, Ledo is my line, plus a lot of RAF & USAAF raids on the Jap bases and Land Forces. I would take the Japanese attack on these bases to wear them down.

Upgrade your Dakota's to Commando's and be prepared to support your counterattack through Mandalay & Myitkinya.

(Did I read this plan somewhere, Our former Governor-General did write something on this topic)

ctangus -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/27/2006 3:48:44 PM)

Only theater HQs will draw excess supply.

If you want to hold at Mandalay, you can fly the Southeast Asia HQ to Myitkina. It will eventually draw excess supply from India to Myit & the Mandalay troops will draw supply from there.

bradfordkay -> RE: Overland Supply Problem (8/27/2006 7:25:27 PM)

If you move the SEAsia HQ to Mitkyina, a huge amount of supply will be lost to wastage along those trails. It will be far more efficient to increase the number of air transport squadrons flying into Mandalay. If you are using the two Dutch squadrons (the Lockheed 212 and the C60 squadrons), they do not have anywhere near the carrying capacity of the Dakotas. As soon as you can, these two squadrons (if they are still in your game) should be upgraded to Dakota Is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI