More bugs for the Orkin man... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

gdpsnake -> More bugs for the Orkin man... (8/26/2006 11:53:13 PM)

1. I found an Austrian Frigate stuck in Zagreb (Croatia). I thought this land locked ship bug had been fixed.

2. A French leader is stuck in Spain. I think this is what happened: France fought a battle in a Spanish province and a "new" leader was created as a result of the battle. However, Spain also surrendered to France during this turn so all the French units were moved out and Spain could no longer be entered. THEN, the 'new' leader is created for the battle and is now all alone in the province. Now, you can't move him although you can select him. He is permanently stuck until, I suspect, France goes to war with Spain or a treaty allowing free passage is accepted.

3. France was sieging the Spanish province of Meckleberg. The game said the province surrendered to France. Imagine my surprise when it was a Russian province at the start of the next turn. There were no Russians in the area and Spain had not surrendered to anyone in that or previous turns. So how did Russia take my province?!

4. I wrote a treaty for Spain after it's surrender to me. One of the clauses was to liberate Naples. Imagine my surprise when the treaty was ratified that the treaty was different than what I wrote. I NEVER wrote any clasue about Spain paying me income yet there was such a clause. And my clause about liberating Naples was gone. Naples remains a Spainish puppet. SO, how did my treaty which the Spainish were "Forced to accept" get changed?!?!

5. I'm sure I'm wasting my breath but the deployment for detailed battles needs to be fixed. I am so tired of my art and supply being trashed especially by Spain and Turkey since these AI controlled countries seem to produce nothing but irregular cavaly. I also can't imagine how they always move first even against Napoleon and the initiatives aren't even close!

jimwinsor -> RE: More bugs for the Orkin man... (8/27/2006 12:53:49 AM)

1. Yeah I've seen this too...same province and ship in fact, but very rarely.  I suspect is rarity is why it hasn't been fully squashed; I'd make a point of keeping a save game of it for fwd'ing to Eric if you see it pop up again.

2. Sounds like a logical explanation of what happened.  You could violate neutrality to free him too (?).

3. Sounds like an insurrection took place on the last turn of the siege, the rebels choosing Russia as their new patron.  I've seen this happen!

4. Don't know about this one, although money payment is the default peace term for unused peace treaty points.

5. What patch version you on?  The later versions seperated forces more in response to exactly your complaint...somewhat unfortunately IMO, as this made detailed battles less interesting and challeging...to me anyways.  I actually liked the guns/wagons starting battle in some degree of peril.  But I gotta admit, I'm in an apparant minority in this opinion!

TexHorns -> RE: More bugs for the Orkin man... (8/27/2006 8:15:09 AM)

Try selecting the stuck leader and then using the attach function to send him somewhere you want him to go. That has worked for me in the past.

Another "bug" I haven't seen anyone mention is playing as Austria 1796 campaign; Austrian army at Piacenza cannot be moved. Is this a bug, or is there some reason it is frozen there until Piacenza falls or for several turns which ever comes first. Partly answering my own question I could try and use the attach function to send it elsewhere. Will try that next time.

gdpsnake -> RE: More bugs for the Orkin man... (8/27/2006 5:35:15 PM)

Tex,
Tried the attached function but the leader never moved.

He was finally 'captured' when Spain declared war on me later and then I 'liberated' him.

Jim,
Have the latest version but I still believe the defender should be allowed to place his troops and the attacker then enters on an opposite map edge on turn 1.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI