Player Usage Settings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

akcranker -> Player Usage Settings (8/28/2006 1:48:24 AM)

Player Usage Settings

I was wondering what people thought about seeing if Shaun could add another Player Usage Setting.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a setting for pinch runners:

This player is my favorite pinch runner

This would be in situations like the Red Sox in the ALCS in 2004 where they used Dave Roberts alot in pinch running situations.

henry296 -> RE: Player Usage Settings (8/28/2006 1:57:42 AM)

Would be nice.

Amaroq -> RE: Player Usage Settings (8/29/2006 8:20:49 PM)

When would you really want to use this?

I mean, isn't it usually pretty obvious - take the speed guy off the bench?

I suppose I could imagine a case - I've got a speed 90 guy on my squad who is a very good hitter as well; perhaps I'd want the manager to use him only as a pinch-hitter, and would rather put in a speed 70 or 80 guy who is a very poor hitter as the pinch-runner. Okay.

akcranker -> RE: Player Usage Settings (8/30/2006 1:57:45 AM)

Like I said it can be like how Boston used Dave Roberts.  I understand to you and me if I'm managing the game that I will put in the speed guy.. but does my manager know that?  I don't know.. so I would like to be able to set who I prefer.

You technically wouldn't be doing this.  You would be setting the usage setting and the manager would be using this.

KG Erwin -> RE: Player Usage Settings (8/30/2006 2:09:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Like I said it can be like how Boston used Dave Roberts.  I understand to you and me if I'm managing the game that I will put in the speed guy.. but does my manager know that?  I don't know.. so I would like to be able to set who I prefer.

You technically wouldn't be doing this.  You would be setting the usage setting and the manager would be using this.

Yeah, I can see this, but the manager settings already allow for frequency of pinch running, so it goes to follow that the AI manager will go for the top speed guy on the bench first.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI