Respawn Squadron wierdness (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Hoplosternum -> Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/2/2006 11:11:40 PM)

Well the second of my respawned CVs has just arrived. But just like the brand new Enterprise that appeared a few weeks before she has no Fighter squadron. Nor is one scheduled to arrive that I can see.

But she does have two 36 plane divebomber squadrons....

[image]local://upfiles/6790/E8C538FF677E4DCA8E9BEEE72CC23C5C.jpg[/image]

Has anyone else experienced such wierdness?

There is no fragment of the squadron left and while it is not a great problem to find a suitable Marine or Naval squadron to fill in it is a bit strange.

I expect the divebombers will combine after a few days but I would like to get the fighters for the CVs if someone knows a way. Any ideas?

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/2/2006 11:20:34 PM)

Check the pipeline for VF 3. Perhaps VF 3 or a fragment is already in play. VS 3 should disappear as it is permanantly disbanded bythe game.

Hoplosternum -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 1:59:37 AM)

Hi Ron,

Well I have searched for a fragment because that is what I would have suspected to be the cause. And to see if there is a VF-3 somewhere in the reinforcements.

But I can't see either [:(]

Oh well I have a few spare Wildcat marine squadrons that can act as a replacement.

VSWG -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 2:49:27 AM)

You probably know this, but the best way to search for this fragment would be to use the "List all naval air units" screen, display all fighter units and then sort by name.

dtravel -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 8:16:33 AM)

Since the fragment most likely would be at a base, not on board another ship, the "List all Ground Air Units" would probably be a better selection.

Thilo -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 1:12:14 PM)

Saw that myself one year ago. Was hoping that this was patched now, but doesn't look so.
Which version are you playing, Hoplosternum?

At least you have a reason to station Corsairs on your CVs now[;)].

Hoplosternum -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 2:06:12 PM)

I'm on 1.801. But the game was started under 1.3.

I've looked pretty hard using all the buttons, visually examining the bases and the reinforcement lists. I'm fairly sure they are not around or coming. Either for Enterprize or Saratoga.

It's not a big problem as I have marine squadrons to put on instead. I'll leave Corsairs on land bases until '44 [:)], I don't want to actually benefit from this [:)]

Still not sure if there was anything I could have done to prevent this or if I can do something now to get them back. Just trying to find out if this is a bug or not and what other peoples experiences have been. When a CV sinks you usually get a few fragments on other CVs or land bases. But these are soon destroyed or disbanded into other naval units (although sometimes the game refuses to allow disbandments of CV units).

If the fragments 'became' the parent unit you could simply keep and use them until their CV arrived (I wish this was the case as it would lessen the catastrophic loss of early CV sinkings thereby encouraging both sides to use them a little more early). Or there should be a kind of database sweep up when the respwned CV appears - the game should check that it has all the necessary squadrons and either recreate them or turn remaining fragments in to the parent unit.

I also have some Cruiser reinforcements, which I think are respawns, with no float plane section. Not a big issue but probably not working as designed?

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 2:58:01 PM)

Definitely check the all units list for fragments. In a game I have going now a few fragments (caused by the silly HQ replacement fragments arriving on map) caused all sorts of mayhem, with 2 P39 units disappearing into the pipeline and another basing itself on a submarine (!!!!!) and it took over three months of game time, a lot of checking, and even more luck to get it back into the game.

dtravel -> RE: Respawn Squadron wierdness (9/3/2006 10:04:03 PM)

It is definitely a bug.  Even if there are fragments on map, a respawned carrier should show up with all her original air units on board with zero planes.  It can then fill out from the replacements pool.  (At least that's what happens in my games.)

As for the cruisers, are they showing up with no float plane unit?  Or with a unit with zero planes?  If its no unit, then yes its an old bug.  I've seen the same thing.  Probably has something to do with the fact that the respawn cruisers show up as US Army units. [8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI