a few questions about conquest (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Crown Of Glory Support

AvalonHillfan -> a few questions about conquest (9/8/2006 1:54:04 AM)

I'm playing on Normal difficulty, version *.26, setting the campaign to 23 years just to see how big I can make the French Empire.

1) When I win Total War, should a country still have protectorates? In once case, Britain's only territory was the Elvas protectorate.

2) Sometimes, when I win, some of the conquered territory reverts to the conquered nation's nationality. Is this because, say, Russia ended up with more troops in Georgia than I had?

3) Related query about protectorates: Once I've conquered an opponent's protectorate, how can I make it a protectorate of my own? I have Corsica, for example, but it's listed as Prussian in "Country Details" even though I erased all of Prussia some time ago.

4) Related Question: I erased Prussia but a small fleet remains flying the Prussian flag (but acting neutral). Is this a bug?

5) In the VP calculations, the computer appears to take into account Empire Status, surrender type, and Courts developments (number of diplomatic actions), but not the other VP items, such as provinces conquered or surrendered. Is this a bug?

6) When I defeat Austria for the first time, Spain snaps up the province called Austria. How is this province adjacent to Spain?

Mr. Z -> RE: a few questions about conquest (9/9/2006 8:58:42 PM)

quote:

1) When I win Total War, should a country still have protectorates? In once case, Britain's only territory was the Elvas protectorate.

I think this might be part of a known bug in .26.

quote:

2) Sometimes, when I win, some of the conquered territory reverts to the conquered nation's nationality. Is this because, say, Russia ended up with more troops in Georgia than I had?

Not sure what you mean by "conquered" here--are you talking about occupied home provinces? Or are you saying that even conquered protectorates are reverting to control by the conquered nation?

3) Related query about protectorates: Once I've conquered an opponent's protectorate, how can I make it a protectorate of my own? I have Corsica, for example, but it's listed as Prussian in "Country Details" even though I erased all of Prussia some time ago.
I suspect this is the bug in .26. We hope to take care of anything like this in the next patch. Normally you would just press the "P" button on the Country Details screen.

quote:

4) Related Question: I erased Prussia but a small fleet remains flying the Prussian flag (but acting neutral). Is this a bug?

It might be...technically nations and countries never go away completely--they can return due to insurrection. We'll think about what to do in this case.

quote:

5) In the VP calculations, the computer appears to take into account Empire Status, surrender type, and Courts developments (number of diplomatic actions), but not the other VP items, such as provinces conquered or surrendered. Is this a bug?

6) When I defeat Austria for the first time, Spain snaps up the province called Austria. How is this province adjacent to Spain?

Hm, interesting--I haven't seen these before. Eric?

AvalonHillfan -> RE: a few questions about conquest (9/23/2006 7:49:07 PM)

[/quote]
Hm, interesting--I haven't seen these before. Eric?
[/quote]

The AI may allow any nation to acquire a province that's adjacent to a neutral one (as parts of Germany are at the start of 1805), but I don't know why.

ericbabe -> RE: a few questions about conquest (9/26/2006 8:39:48 PM)

The rule is not that provinces can be claimed that are adjacent to the nation claiming them.  This notion seems to have acquired something like mythological status.  The rule is, rather, that a province cannot be claimed if it is surrounded only by the nation that owns it and water.

Rapier117 -> RE: a few questions about conquest (9/28/2006 6:22:27 AM)

More to add to the "units remaining after defeat of a nation" issue...

I was playing as Turkey and Austria surrendered to me. I choose to have 4 provinces cedded over to me. When Austria left the provinces it appeared like 2 militia units came out of the province capitals but remained in my new provinces. The units appeared neutral as I couldn't attack them.

They don't cause any real drama, I guess, except that they look exactly like the Turkish Revolt (guerilla units) that occasionally appear. Seems strange to allow units to exist in my lands that I can't interact with in any way.

Also, when I removed some of the minor nations across the top of Africa their privateers would stay on the map but just become neutral. What purpose does that server? Does the privateer continue to disrupt trade? If it does how can I declare war and attack/destroy them? Once again I'm thinking a different solution needs to be implemented.

Hard Sarge -> RE: a few questions about conquest (9/28/2006 6:21:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AvalonHillfan

I'm playing on Normal difficulty, version *.26, setting the campaign to 23 years just to see how big I can make the French Empire.

did you have troops here ?, the AI may of moved it's troops into the cap before you could, if so it takes control

AvalonHillfan -> RE: a few questions about conquest (10/2/2006 6:56:46 PM)

re: troops

What happened is that when I conquered Moscow, the computer moved my troops out of Georgia and gave Georgia back to Russia.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI