Patch problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Knu -> Patch problem (9/9/2006 7:46:59 AM)

Hi

I had to install windows again and of course the game after that.

However, the patch seems to "tilt" the whole game now. I am able to install the game correctly and it starts to run, but after I have installed the patch, the game wont start anymore.

I get a Opart3.exe error. It seems that DSOUND.dll cannot be found from the registry?

I have a Windows with a Finnish language, so I don't know does this help, but the error is the following:

Opart3.exe - Järjestyslukua ei löydy

Järjestyslukua 11 ei löydy dynaamisesti linkitettävästä kirjastosta DSOUND.dll.

Any idea what is wrong now? The game worked fine previously and the computer is the same, as is Windows 2000. I only installed the windows again after formatting the whole hard drive, so there cannot be any old registry keys left.

Kimmo

Telumar -> RE: Patch problem (9/10/2006 12:11:25 AM)

You will have to download the latest DirectX version from microsoft. You must have already installed it on your previous computer if the game ran there, maybe it was incoorporated in an other game you had installed there.

Knu -> RE: Patch problem (9/10/2006 10:38:26 AM)

Thanks Telumar!

I feel a bit stupid now, I thought that I had installed everything that was needed, but no, the Direct X was missing.

I would have thought, that the automatic windows updated, would have also updated the Direct X.

The game works ok now and I can get back into my Vietnam Campaing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI