RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

bradfordkay -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/21/2006 6:57:07 AM)

Randy, you don't maneuver ships in WITP. It's scale is such that you create task forces, give them a destination and a job to do and hope that they do a decent job of it. I just didn't want you to have the wrong expectations of my favorite game...

terje439 -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/21/2006 8:54:42 AM)

I would still have to stick with Panzer General, despise somewhat outdated graphics I still find the game very enjoyable. But as Neilster said, that is bound to change when MWiF is released!

*edit* Oh and I completely forgot Navyfield, sailing ww2 ships and blowing other ships up kinda works for me although the game has serious lacks of content imho. But for 30min-1 hour every now and then it works.

Kuokkanen -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/21/2006 10:24:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VanGal

HQ Command

I believe you mean Command HQ.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/21/2006 1:35:16 PM)

COTA and TOAW III

Kuokkanen -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 10:52:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

I would still have to stick with Panzer General, despise somewhat outdated graphics I still find the game very enjoyable.

In that case, I recommend you Battle Isle 3, if you can find it somewhere. Works on Windows XP just fine and resolution goes up to 1600x1200 [:D]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 10:56:09 AM)

I would love to play Panzer General and Allied General again....but I don't know if they work on XP and don't know where to get them...but they were my intro to the wargame world!!

Hidde -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 12:01:01 PM)

Go here http://users.skynet.be/rmypegww2/
Great site. It's main purpose is to make it possible too play Panzer General 2 campaigns with Peoples General game.
It takes some work to get it going but it's worth it.
I think you can find links both to Panzer General and Allied General there as well. No problem for me playing on XP.

Edit:
When I say no problem on XP I meant PG2 and Peoples General.
I think Allied General is OK as well, but I'm not sure. Don't know about Panzer General.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 1:03:05 PM)

I couldn't find anything about getting Panzer General or where to on that website...but thx anyway...loads of links to pictures!!

Hidde -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 1:49:05 PM)

Ok, as I have plenty of time today[:)]
Try these:
http://www.panzergeneral.org/index.html
Has a somewhat dubious picture at the bottom of first page...

http://p090.ezboard.com/fjpspanzersfrm17.showMessage?topicID=1091.topic
Lots of links to PG web sites.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 2:42:06 PM)

Excellent - thx ... haven't played Panzer Generals in ages and, you know what, it's simplicity is a breath of fresh air!!

terje439 -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/22/2006 8:44:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I would love to play Panzer General and Allied General again....but I don't know if they work on XP and don't know where to get them...but they were my intro to the wargame world!!

They work on XP, might have to set them compitable to win95 but it works :)

Zap -> RE: Your Favorite Computer Based Wargame (9/23/2006 2:37:07 AM)

Strictly, SP:WAW. Ihave other games that I want to dedicate some time to but for lack of time I seem to gravitate back to SP:WAW.
I also find myself avoiding playing some games like, Combat Mission, HPS GEttysburg, HTTR. I don't know what it is about myself and this avoidance of certain games. I would like to think because of my lack of time I revert to what I find easier. But I think I'm one of those creatures of habit and just find it hard to try new things. Anybody have my problem? Or is it a blessing to be this way.?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI