New to the game, have questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> The War Room

VanGal -> New to the game, have questions (9/20/2006 5:54:44 AM)

Hello, I've just aquired Korsun Pocket and have some questions.
1) What are German construction units good for?
2) What do the airplanes do?
3) Where can I get a list of Victory Objectives? and their worth?
4) Can I blow up bridges, or rebuild them? and how?

Now, seeing that I appear really dumb here, I'll clarify some things. I used to play V for Victory games. (Vielikei Luike) was my favorite. So, having tons of Russians falling on the trenches doesn't scare me. After trying out the game for a 3 turn test I played the full 48 turn game (without knowing the entrenching button til turn 42) as the Germans. The only pocket that developed was when I surrounded the Russian thrust and eliminated it. At the end of the game I had amassed 7800+ points, of which I had no idea were they came from. Well, except that 79 Russian units died compared to 39 German.

Anyways, it would be nice to have some idea as to where to look for game rules, Victory Objectives, etc.

I plan on aquiring Panzer Command yet this year. Is there more information with that game?

VanGal

Fred98 -> RE: New to the game, have questions (9/20/2006 6:11:03 AM)

1- Read the manual. If the enemy blew a bridge they can rebuild it

2 - Read the manual. It costs "X" points to move from one hex to another. They place interdiction in hexes and so it costs more points. It also makes it more difficult for supplies to move forward

3 - Read the manual. There is no list. Where you see a red and yellow circle around a town it is an objective. Right click on that hex to get the details

4 - Read the manual. Right click on each unit and see that some can blow bridges and some cannot. Engineer units typically have 4/6 chance of success and other units 3/6. Some units cannot blow bridges.

The manual is in a PDF format in the game's folder on your hard disk.

VanGal -> RE: New to the game, have questions (9/21/2006 5:43:32 AM)

Thank you for the reply. I have now found the manual.

VanGal

jimbo blitz -> RE: New to the game, have questions (10/24/2006 9:07:17 PM)

hey Vangal, i too crush the computer with unbelevable victory points.....challenge me at PBeM? djstuartfunky@hotmail.com

stevel40831 -> RE: New to the game, have questions (10/25/2006 12:31:14 PM)

Not sure if you guys have hooked up for a game or not, but, if you're looking for opponents, try:

http://www.ssg.com.au/

There is a very active forum there for Korsun Pocket, Battles In Normany, Battles In Italy, Across The Dnepr, and the good stuff on the upcoming Battlefront game. Lots of other good stuff too!

Steve

VanGal -> RE: New to the game, have questions (12/18/2006 6:05:00 AM)

Hey Stevel40831, we have started a game, on turn 40. I am the Russians and had a very slow start. Victory by points is totally out of the question (he leads by 5000). If any Germans are left on the map by turn 48 is questionable also. The Western forces have taken the center of the map, creating a pocket.The Eastren forces were forced to retreat to the NorthEast corner. However, the road was never cut to the troops in the center of the map, which have now joined the Western forces. In the pocket stand 1st Panzer, 5SS Panzer and a few remnants. South of the pocket is a beaten up 1st SS Panzer and a few remnants. SouthWest part of the map are surrounded Germans which will be quickly eliminated, freeing 5th Tank Corp, which will finish off 1st SS Panzer then. NorthEast sees strong German units generally out of supply and no longer able to carry out an offensive. German artillery has suffered massive losses, severely limiting any German attacking punch.

VanGal

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI