PBM Fails to Allow Japanese Turn (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Buquis -> PBM Fails to Allow Japanese Turn (9/21/2006 1:25:43 AM)

After a couple of turns in a PBEM game my opponent --- first time player, American player, realized he was toast.

So I agreed to restart the game. Scenario 3, Coral Sea.

After deleting all saved files I attempted to restart a scenario 3. The game starts to load, flashes to the password request, then to save, and that's the end. No Japanese turn -- no exit from save screen except hard crash (Cont.Alt.Del.), no usable files for the Americans. I have reloaded the game from scratch several times. When restarting to try to use the saved game -- it simply acts as if the orders had been submitted. However sending the files to my opponent is useless as he recvs junk -- won't play. It won't start any scenario correctly for PBEM. I have tried Coral sea x 3, First year x 1, Dec 8 camp 1x. No joy PBM. However I seem to have no trouble with a solitare game.

My next step is to my back-up computer, however that is gonna be a pain as it is almost a relic. It has the capability to play the game but ...

Anyone have a solution? Or are my PBEM days over as the game is ticked we started over, even though the game has been wiped and reloaded, after all files were auto and then hand deleted to clear any residuals?

IOW, Help![&:]

jwilkerson -> RE: PBM Fails to Allow Japanese Turn (9/21/2006 7:07:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buquis

After a couple of turns in a PBEM game my opponent --- first time player, American player, realized he was toast.

So I agreed to restart the game. Scenario 3, Coral Sea.

After deleting all saved files I attempted to restart a scenario 3. The game starts to load, flashes to the password request, then to save, and that's the end. No Japanese turn -- no exit from save screen except hard crash (Cont.Alt.Del.), no usable files for the Americans. I have reloaded the game from scratch several times. When restarting to try to use the saved game -- it simply acts as if the orders had been submitted. However sending the files to my opponent is useless as he recvs junk -- won't play. It won't start any scenario correctly for PBEM. I have tried Coral sea x 3, First year x 1, Dec 8 camp 1x. No joy PBM. However I seem to have no trouble with a solitare game.

My next step is to my back-up computer, however that is gonna be a pain as it is almost a relic. It has the capability to play the game but ...

Anyone have a solution? Or are my PBEM days over as the game is ticked we started over, even though the game has been wiped and reloaded, after all files were auto and then hand deleted to clear any residuals?

IOW, Help![&:]

Make sure "Historical Start" switch is turned off.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI