WITP editor x (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

CobraAus -> WITP editor x (10/2/2006 1:40:21 AM)

new version posted yesterday v0.9.5.6

changes

October 01, 2006 :

* Made a very minor update to drawing code, some images were being drawn too small.

September 28, 2006 :

* Added graphic preview of the currently selected hex and surrounding hexes in the Pwhex view. In order to view art in the Pwhex View 1st load the Pwhex.dat file then select the folder that contains at lest one full set of map panels(either WITPXX.bmp or WITNXX.bmp 0-19), then click on the view art check box. This an expensive operation in terms of memory so, when you are finished viewing the map hexes you can deselect the view art check box to free up the memory being held by the map.
* In the Locations view I added a new field called Symbol for associating different icons for LCUs on the command task bar, the only two I know of are 12 = Cavalry and 13 = Paratroop if anyone knows of others let me know.

Created by James Armstrong
I can be reached via e-mail - jca_flashtraffic@bellsouth.net

download site

http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/a/jamesa62/witp_editor.html

Cobra Aus

GaryChildress -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 2:41:40 AM)

Whoa! Where did this come from? This is the first time I've seen mention of it. This is great! I'm downloading it now. [&o][&o][&o][&o]

CobraAus -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 4:19:53 AM)

quote:

Whoa! Where did this come from?

I know its not well advertised - be aware still in Beta but seems to work well

Cobra

kokubokan25 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 8:12:00 PM)

This is a great news to WITM project!

Terminus -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 8:40:08 PM)

It's a fantastic editor, much better than the stock one...

Terminus -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 10:09:36 PM)

The only problem I can see so far is that the Copy-Paste routine causes a crash everytime I try to use it...

Nemo121 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 10:38:46 PM)

It works brilliantly. I've made over 5,000 database fixes in 2.5 days using this editor. It really highlights potential errors and makes it so much easier to fix.

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 11:11:37 PM)

Which view?

never mind, found one I'll check the rest.

CJ Martin -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 11:20:57 PM)

Wow, this looks great.

One minor thing - I can't seem to get the "View Scenerio" screen to open. What am I doing wrong?

-CJ

Terminus -> RE: WITP editor x (10/2/2006 11:31:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Which view?

never mind, found one I'll check the rest.

It was in Class view...

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 3:22:18 AM)

Copy and Paste now fixed.

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 3:23:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CJ Martin

Wow, this looks great.

One minor thing - I can't seem to get the "View Scenerio" screen to open. What am I doing wrong?

-CJ

It's not finished but it's getting there.

Terminus -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 11:54:09 AM)

quote:

Copy and Paste now fixed.

Fantastic! DL'ing the new version now...[&o]

Bliztk -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 1:07:22 PM)

Can you make a debbuger so it can compare the devices of a land unit with the TOE of that unit line by line, and mark it as an error if:

A) The device in the unit doesnt match with the device in the TOE (or upgrade device)

It would make my life easier, because I`m checking the RHS files by hand and it`s very time consuming

Example: if a unit has device 315 (USA Army 1941 Infantry Squad) in the TOE, then it would mark an error in that line if the device in the actual unit would not 315,316 (USA Army 1942 Infantry) Squad,317 (USA Army 1943 Infantry Squad) or 318 (USA Army 1944 Infantry Squad)

Thanks in advance

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 2:44:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

Can you make a debbuger so it can compare the devices of a land unit with the TOE of that unit line by line, and mark it as an error if:

A) The device in the unit doesnt match with the device in the TOE (or upgrade device)

It would make my life easier, because I`m checking the RHS files by hand and it`s very time consuming

Example: if a unit has device 315 (USA Army 1941 Infantry Squad) in the TOE, then it would mark an error in that line if the device in the actual unit would not 315,316 (USA Army 1942 Infantry) Squad,317 (USA Army 1943 Infantry Squad) or 318 (USA Army 1944 Infantry Squad)

Thanks in advance

The application witpchk.exe by user michaelm you can get it at Spooky's.
"Revision history
1.25 (14/08/2005 – 14 August 2005)
Added: report devices that differ between LCU and TOE even if they are the same type."

However there is another approach to this problem first set the TOEs to your prefered values then under the Tools command in the Location view select Update Formations, then you can optionally use the Set LCU command under Tools for greater variety.

I do intend to expand the error checking as well as the Update Formations command but until then these two options might serve you and always make backups.

Later

Bliztk -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 3:32:03 PM)

Thanks, I had forgot witpcheck utilitiy

Sardaukar -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 4:30:50 PM)

This is among the best enhancements for WitP for long time !! Now maybe I get back into editing scens again...

timtom -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 7:48:08 PM)

Just the fact that the search functionality actually works is a lifesaver. Kudos!

CJ Martin -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 8:05:15 PM)

This editor is wicked good. [&o] Thank you very much!

Being able to view the art files and map stuff is icing on the cake. One tiny request - would it be possible to see the plane top art as well as the side art? I know they are stored differently, so I'm not sure if this is even possible.

-CJ

akdreemer -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 10:50:16 PM)

I think I found a potential bug. When looking at ship art work and I attempt the copy and paste a ship to an empty slot to modify it crashes with a message about unable to find bmp?

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 11:46:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlaskanWarrior

I think I found a potential bug. When looking at ship art work and I attempt the copy and paste a ship to an empty slot to modify it crashes with a message about unable to find bmp?

What version are you using, because I can't get it to crash?

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/3/2006 11:50:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CJ Martin

This editor is wicked good. [&o] Thank you very much!

Being able to view the art files and map stuff is icing on the cake. One tiny request - would it be possible to see the plane top art as well as the side art? I know they are stored differently, so I'm not sure if this is even possible.

-CJ

Yes I'll try and put that in.

CJ Martin -> RE: WITP editor x (10/4/2006 3:08:12 AM)

You da man!

-CJ

akdreemer -> RE: WITP editor x (10/4/2006 6:12:11 AM)

quote:

quote:

V 0.9.5.6

I am impressed with the wphex portion keyed to the map art...nice

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/4/2006 11:57:54 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

V 0.9.5.6

I am impressed with the wphex portion keyed to the map art...nice

Fixed in lastest version v0.9.5.8, btw that's a very strange error message as it's not in my app and because GDIplus fails gracefully. Anyway thanks for alerting me.

Later

TOMLABEL -> RE: WITP editor x (10/6/2006 6:39:58 AM)

WHOAA! This editor is awesome!!! Nicely done BigJ62!!![&o]

TOMLABEL

BigJ62 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/6/2006 10:09:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL

WHOAA! This editor is awesome!!! Nicely done BigJ62!!![&o]

TOMLABEL

Thanks, started out as a small project and sort of snowballed. Where it's going to end I don't know.

Later

CJ Martin -> RE: WITP editor x (10/6/2006 10:25:24 PM)

I've been banging on the latest version for several hours now and all I can say is GREAT JOB! No crashes, no bugs, very solid overall.

Adding in the ability to see the plane top art really makes it easy to find screw-ups now as I muck around with changing/adding aircraft.

About the only other cool thing I can think of that would be helpful would be a listing of LCU's at each base, similar to how the airgroups display. However this is a pretty small nit - you've added so much above the stock editor already. Certainly you've made my life much easier!

Thanks again.

-CJ

CJ Martin -> RE: WITP editor x (10/6/2006 11:02:39 PM)

Found my first bug:

Aircraft screen, art on

Selecting any aircraft past index 244 (i.e. 245-249), the art will not update to match the bitmap number. Looks like only those last five slots have this issue.

-CJ

Nemo121 -> RE: WITP editor x (10/6/2006 11:24:40 PM)

Never mind. Found it.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI