Which maps and mods to use? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

rudbeck47 -> Which maps and mods to use? (10/6/2006 1:29:31 PM)

Dear Forum,

I managed to complete my first scenario (minor victory over the AI - so most likely this means that the difficulty level was not hard enoúgh :-)) - and now I want to test my skills in _the_ large scenario - so from December 7, 1941 and onwards.

Following the forum I can see that there are some discussions on the stock game - and its difficiencies with regards to A2A combat etc. - and also that other (and nicer maps) are available.

As I see it, I need to decide on which mod to play before I start a game - and also which map.

Questions are:
Which maps are the nicest? (well, there are no true answer here - but opinions, please). And are all maps compatible with different mods?

Mods - what are my options? Which are the best? Most updated? Opinions, please.

I know that I cannot expect to find one answer to this - more like a discussion. And that is what I welcome.

Salutations
/Rudbeck

Sardaukar -> RE: Which maps and mods to use? (10/6/2006 2:27:55 PM)

CHS, RHS, B-Mod, Nik-Mod...take your pick...[8D] As for maps, either Andrew Brown's or CobraAus (CHS and RHS respectively) or for stock game SubChaser's map mod.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Which maps and mods to use? (10/6/2006 8:43:10 PM)

CHs is probably best stable, widely used mod.

Nik and B-Mod both address specific issues (a2a)

RHS is also very good and certainly usable, but it does get changed all the time.

Nikademus -> RE: Which maps and mods to use? (10/6/2006 9:08:30 PM)

If you decide to check out Nikmod, there's a FAQ included inside the ZIP file that contains a list of changes. (of which A2A modifications are but one)

You might want to try a campaign game with stock first before trying a mod. That way you get a good feel, then can try a mod and make a proper comparison of their attributes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI