Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix

Alex Fiedler -> Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 11:35:52 AM)

This is not a drill, Fight from Pearl Harbor to the Philippine Sea

Matrix Games, and SSG (www.ssg.com.au), are proud to announce the recreation of a wargame classic. Carriers at War will be coming to Matrix Games later this year. The game is a simulation of fleet carrier air and naval operations in the Pacific theater from 1941 to 1945.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games said, “Our goal as a company is not just to find new products, but to help restore some of the greatest of the past. SSG’s long lines of incredible games are always a welcome addition to this effort.”

Carriers at War focuses heavily on carrier fleet command strategy. Other units are represented and play a part in battle, but as the title suggests the queen of the sea is the focus.

Features include:

- Command carriers in the greatest naval engagements of World War 2, including Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea, Eastern Solomons, and more. - Multiplayer games over the Internet or a LAN. - Historically Accurate Ship and Aircraft Profiles - One of the greatest and most challenging AIs in wargaming history make this game fun for single player as well as multiplayer.

Stay tuned to Matrix Games and our forums at www.matrixgames.com for more information on Carriers at War as it becomes available.

Fred98 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 1:16:33 PM)

Wow! Its on!    

CapnDarwin -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 2:36:44 PM)

I hope it is ready by Chistmas! Can't wait for this remake!!

AndyfromVA1 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 4:53:44 PM)

Truly a classic. I can't wait to see how Matrix is going to enhance it. All it really needs is better graphics and a more modern user interface. The basic game play is outstanding.

I just saw the screenshots. Wow! I'm ready to buy it NOW!

KG Erwin -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 7:10:03 PM)

This is indeed exciting news. CAW was an old favorite of mine from the C64 days and in its DOS incarnation.

It's also the only game in which I routinely played as the Japanese. [;)]

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/17/2006 7:39:05 PM)

Another Pacific Wargame? I don't know, I'm looking for something new!

ravinhood -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/18/2006 3:21:26 AM)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh FRICKIN BOYYYYYY. It's about time and I'm glad I suggested it awhile back. ;) One of the better AI's also hope this one is just as good or better.   Now, can you redo SSI's "Carrier Strike" and how about "Europe Ablaze" as well? ;)

Fred98 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/18/2006 3:45:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood and how about "Europe Ablaze" as well?

Europe Ablaze was a SSG game.

It was the great great grandfather of their next game: Battlefront.

Get Battlefront and discover the family resemblance.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/18/2006 5:05:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood Now, can you redo SSI's "Carrier Strike"

Already in the works. [8D] Your gaming dollars at work, gentlemen. Stay tuned for some even more exciting news this year.

pad152 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/18/2006 9:19:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood Now, can you redo SSI's "Carrier Strike"

Already in the works. [8D] Your gaming dollars at work, gentlemen. Stay tuned for some even more exciting news this year.

Another pacific wargame? Come on, how about War in the Med? North Alantic 86, or something really, really new!!!

tocaff -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/20/2006 3:01:30 PM)

So can anyone tell me what'll be new?  I've got The Complete Carriers At War from SSG and wonder if there's something new to make it apeal to me.  Also what's up with the Carriers Strike?  My fading memory liked that one from way back when on a C64 platform.  Come to think of it SSI's Battle of Britain on C64 was another one that I spent hours with (loading time?).

AndyfromVA1 -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/20/2006 4:38:38 PM)

The game page at Matrix doesn't give any details about the game play, but it does show screenshots, which are great.

The old graphics were good for its time (1990?) but let's face it, they're horrible now. The new graphics and modern interface are reasons enough for me to get the new game, even though I have the old Carriers at War.

Budgie -> RE: Matrix Games & SSG Announce Carriers At War (10/20/2006 10:51:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

This is indeed exciting news. CAW was an old favorite of mine from the C64 days and in its DOS incarnation.

It's also the only game in which I routinely played as the Japanese. [;)]

Showing your age M8 [:D]

I loved it also.

And the Board games Midway(AH) - Flattop (AH) and Carrier (VG games) [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI