RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

RealChuckB -> RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"? (11/6/2006 9:50:06 PM)

Just a short question to those who have already seen it:

I bloody/gory are the battle scenes in Flags? My wife is interested in seeing it, but I'm not sure if it might be too much for her (for example, she never saw Saving Ryan and the first 20 minutes would definitely be too much for her, so a comparison would be interesting). Just to clarify, I'm asking about how the cruelty is actually depicted, not the underlying cruelty of every battle.

Thanks!

Chuck

KG Erwin -> RE: Who's Going To Go See "Flags of Our Fathers"? (11/7/2006 12:41:19 AM)

Chuck, there IS some gore in the movie (after all, this is the PTO we're talking about), but none of it is gratuitous.

There's a cave scene in which you get a glimpse of dead Japanese who committed suicide by blowing themselves up with grenades. That's pretty graphic, but it's brief.

There are no torture scenes or anything like that.

Show your wife some actual Pacific documentary footage, and I think she should be OK with the movie.

I would also recommend that she read the book. It might make it easier to identify who's who in the film. The voiceover you hear at the beginning is the old Capt. Dave Severance being interviewed by James Bradley. He provides the background to the importance of "the picture". The young Severance is played by Neal McDonough (who was also "Buck" Compton in Band of Brothers.)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI