The Original WAW was ok but became boring (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Rocko911 -> The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/25/2006 4:50:26 AM)

The original was an ok game but to be honest I had a better time playing the old Axis and Allies computer version solo than the original WAW. The problem was it was very repetitive on how the computer would act and react, almost to the point of feeling like deja vu. The whole supply matrix became a distraction more than a part of the game. The reason I have written the above is to get a feel if the new one has improved at all? I am not a multiplayer online PBEM kinda guy because of grueling work hours and a family to take care of so the solo is the way I play all the matrix games I own. So i am more concerned with the solo play versus the computer.

daniel123 -> RE: The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/25/2006 5:52:33 PM)

i have noticed in both programs that when the wallies invade europe the AI will move all most all units into western germany leaving an open field for the ussr.

JanSorensen -> RE: The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/25/2006 8:21:56 PM)

@LRRP
Its obviously a matter of taste. Personally I found the replay value in WaW/AWD to be several magnitudes greater than the replay value of Axis and Allies.

I also find that the supply rules in WaW and now AWD to be one of the game's strongest features - yet even allowing those that do not like it to simply disable it and play with simple supply.

@Daniel123
What level of difficulty are you playing at? If you find yourself winning on normal I suggest playing on HARD and using the AI friendly campaigns. I personally find those be be very challenging so I hope you might experience the same.

christian brown -> RE: The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/25/2006 11:55:49 PM)

I´ve been playing AWd for some months now and was unable to AV the Allied AI. 

Joel Billings -> RE: The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/26/2006 8:57:36 AM)

Not only is the AI been improved, but many of the new aspects of the game (random political events, neutral country diplomacy) tend to add new elements that allows many games to go down different paths. Nothing like having Spain come in on the Axis side, or Greece go Allied to add some new play elements and the need to develop different strategies. Although the AI does not play with the variety of a good human player, the game changes help give the game more replayability.

dobeln -> RE: The Original WAW was ok but became boring (10/26/2006 11:05:28 AM)

GGWaW was really a PBEM game, especially using a good mod, like Franco's Alliance :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI