Help me understand.... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

David -> Help me understand.... (8/1/2000 10:00:00 PM)

the preference menus and purchasing units in a generated battle. June 1943 UK vs German meeting engagement, large map. I set purchase points for UK at 1800, and XXX for the Germans. Gave each side two airsorties. Long story short, the Germans were overwhelming. My questions: 1. Does leaving the german purchase preference at XXX give them more than the 1800 purchase points set for the UK. 2. Does the size of the map have any effect on the purchase points given to the AI. 3. Does the mission selected (meeting engagement) have anything to do with the purchase points allotted to the AI. Fun battle, but humbling to say the least.

victorhauser -> (8/1/2000 10:34:00 PM)

The computer will randomly pick a number of Battle Points based on the number of Player1's Battle Points as well as the type of battle being fought. Sometimes the computer will pick more and sometimes less, but usually it's been my experience that the computer will usually pick around the same as Player1. As far as I know the map size has nothing to do with how the computer selects Battle Points. Of course, you can take the computer out of the Battle Points process by assigning Player2's Battle Points yourself. [This message has been edited by victorhauser (edited August 01, 2000).]

renwor -> (8/1/2000 10:54:00 PM)

Yes , if you leave XXX for comp. points, AI points are based on your force value and scenario. I read in some other thread , AI may have as much as 8000-10000 points for your 1500 if AI mission is assault, and, from what I saw I believe it [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img] Those battles are endless [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/redface.gif[/img] In meeting engagement points should be just about equal, though no idea how big variation from equal is AI allowed. AI advantage ON in preferences gets AI some extra units, again no idea how much. Also AI doesn't seem to care about complex OOB, it chooses few "best" units in dozens, so it may seem it has more "spearhead " ones, if you have too much support like artilerry, AA, planes, transport and such. Renwor

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI