Playing WITP on an iMac (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

noxush -> Playing WITP on an iMac (11/4/2006 3:28:04 AM)

Help I have a friend who wants to play War in the Pacific, but he has an iMac. I know nothing about Macs is there anyway to play WITP on an iMac?

Thanks

Erik Rutins -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/4/2006 5:41:33 AM)

There are PC emulators, but I have no idea how well they work for WitP. Hopefully someone more familiar with Macs will be able to help you out.

Terminus -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/4/2006 7:18:55 PM)

Considering that WitP is a bit of a resource hog, getting it to work might be iffy...

tws71669 -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/15/2006 1:57:35 AM)

I own a mac-intel mini and I reboot into windows. WITP works perfectly fine. Essentailly you are running a PC in all the ways everyone else does. It is not emulating anything. You should be able to play a lot of good matrix stuff as I am playing SPWAW, WITP, Starshatter... tell him to go for it!

jvgfanatic -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/15/2006 2:14:18 AM)

This is terrific news. A mac user since 1985, I'll be getting one of the intel CPUs soon and look forward to mucking it up with Windows strategy games :)

tws71669 -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/15/2006 6:30:56 AM)

if you need any questions answered about using bootcamp or rebooting into windows I can give some pointers - essentailly it's a pain free process. I recommend getting a gig of RAM just to help with video issues. I've had some games that are more graphic intensive bomb since I only have 512mb. Good luck!

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (11/20/2006 11:54:05 PM)

I highly recommend www.parallels.com virtual PC software. It can be used for many programs based on a Windows program.

if this Mac software dont work for witp, then you need to have bootcamp loaded up and need to install XP

but you should always try the virtual software solution first. 3D games certainly need bootcamp.

jvgfanatic -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (2/2/2007 12:33:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tws71669

if you need any questions answered about using bootcamp or rebooting into windows I can give some pointers - essentailly it's a pain free process. I recommend getting a gig of RAM just to help with video issues. I've had some games that are more graphic intensive bomb since I only have 512mb. Good luck!

Well, my MacBook Pro 17" 3Gig/160 2.33 is on the way. I will have Parallels and Boot Camp installed. I hear that Parallels can use the Boot Camp installation of Windows XP but it might not be a good idea to use it (not sure why though). No matter, though I loathe going thorough the XP installation process twice I'll do so just to give my Mac a little Matrix love.

jvgfanatic -> RE: Playing WITP on an iMac (2/11/2007 1:29:21 AM)

Summary of my limited testing so far:

Testing platform: MacBook Pro 17" 3Gig - OSX 10.4 (Tiger) with Crossover, Parallels (1GB of RAM), and Bootcamp installed. Anything that is not listed has not been tested yet. I will edit this post as I learn more. I'll be happy to test other Matrix titles but I'm limited to those that I've purchased (a small grip of em).

War In The Pacific
Parallels: YES (and zippy too!)
Crossover: NO (unless it takes more than 20 minutes to load)

Crown of Glory
Parallels: YES (also quite fast)

The Operational Art of War III
Crossover: YES (love me some widescreen, not fast though)
Bootcamp: YES (and fast)

Sparta & Gates of Troy
Parallels: NO (bummer, man)

GG World at War
Parallels: NO

Supremacy
Parallels: NO

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI