RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

old man of the sea -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (11/15/2006 10:45:41 PM)

I am neck deep in training sims for Police use. SWAT, JHAT, room entry for high risk warrent service, that kind of thing.

E

Toppers -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/12/2006 11:16:12 AM)

Wll I have CC2, 3 and 5 can you believe it I traded in my CC4for some crappy game I don't even remember now[:@]  I still get them out and play now and again I like CC2 CC3 is ok and 5 is alright.  Mine all orignal purchases from the first day they saw light on the shelves in the computer shop in my home town.

If they can do a good version of the CC game (better than the RTB for instance) then good show....but I am excited that some one has taken it on, there is a healthy CC group out there that keep pumping out the maps etc for us.....

Toppers -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/12/2006 11:21:27 AM)

Just in case no one has been here before here is a site to visit (sorry if you already know about it)

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/index.php??

Beeblebrox -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/12/2006 4:58:11 PM)

My mum was born in Scarborough LOL!.  Thanks for the mention Toppers... I'm hoping that CoI will encourage new or reborn CC Community Sites [:)]

Toppers -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/13/2006 10:44:13 AM)

well I drag them back at least 3 times a year and play them again, I have firends who still insist that they are the best game ever!

Yes Scarborough Jewel of the east coast........

Ragbag -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/14/2006 7:51:23 AM)

Been playing them stock and modded every week since they came out. Always H2H, always campaign. Squad Leader cardboard is the only thing better, but my favorite opponent is a thousand miles away. Technology rocks.
Right now we're in the Ardennes with CC4, and loving it!

Rabbitman -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/14/2006 1:39:24 PM)

Close Combat 1-Loved it and I'm wasn't a person then, who usually liked games where you can't alter history to a significant degree. I remember loving the morale aspect and the general presentation. Still have the game but no box.

Close Combat 2-Got it, a few years after the fact but it was still much fun. Still have the game and even the cd case.

Close Combat 3-Played the demo but had a crappy computer at the time and by the time I got a good enough computer, I couldn't find the game.[:(]

Close Combat 4-Don't know anything about it.

Close Combat 5-Bit disappointed with it. Good game and cheap discount price but the presenation was sub-par. I threw the damn Allies back into the see and got some text message telling me I did better than the historical germans.[;)] As it was a fairly recent purchase, I have all it came with(granted it was a discount game and it just came in a crappy discount plastic case).

squadleader_id -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/18/2006 12:44:15 AM)

You should try and get CC4...then try the amazingly brutal VetBoB mod.
As for CC5...if you find the original game bland...try downloading and installing the wide range of mods for CCV. Right now I'm having a real blast playing Stalingrad Der Kessel...I don't care if my gamer friends are all playing Company Of Heroes...I'm having more fun with CC...maybe I'm just too old for the newer clickfest WW2 RTS titles [;)].

Rysyonok -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/18/2006 8:07:28 AM)

I owned 2-5... I must have tossed away 2 when 4 and 5 came out, and soon 4 followed... 3 and 5 stayed, both complemented with a lot of mods. I daresay I downloaded and played almost every 5 mod :p

Rabbitman -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/18/2006 12:32:51 PM)

I may have to give some of these CC5 mods a try, thanks:)

Oh and I'm getting the impression that CC4, was something to do with the Battle of the Bulge. Is that correct?? Because that has to be about my favourite period of WW2.

squadleader_id -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/18/2006 1:22:27 PM)

Yup, CC4 covers Battle Of The Bulge.
But if you have trouble finding CC4, just look for the Ardennes Offensive Mod for CC5...it's basically CC4 ported to CC5 [;)]. Good luck!

Rabbitman -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/19/2006 2:13:49 PM)

Thanks, will try my darndest.[8D]

Stardog -> RE: What ever happened to your old copies of Close Combat? (12/19/2006 8:58:42 PM)

Man..... Just found this post and GAME IN THE WORKS = CC -COI!!
Some how I missed this game at MATRIX ? Can't wait for the blood bath to start!
2007 is looking pretty sweet! Hope I get a good bonus $$$ this year..
Thanks again MATRIX!!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI