1.801 - Game Crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

PetrOs -> 1.801 - Game Crash (11/11/2006 12:24:15 PM)

Hallo,

I've got a crasy problem with my save file (see link below). If i run it as is, it is very likely to make a crash to desktop.
Night phase and a AM phase are running through, but if in the PM phase PT-boats from Buna engage the group of 4 japanese CAs near Lae, game crashes as soon as the naval combat window opens and a first salvo is fired.
I finally ran the turn without sending the PT-boats to that hex.

Greets,
Petr

http://www.starwarsfan.info/witp020.rar

Xargun -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/11/2006 8:29:40 PM)

PetrOs

Just got a copy of that file and will take a look at it.

Xargun

acmejeff -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/11/2006 8:30:14 PM)

I have just encountered the same problem. I am the Japanese invading Canton Island and the US has PT boats defending. The game crashes to desk top during the naval battle. On the previous turn I could hit the done button during the battle and avoid the crash but this turn it does not help at all.

Xargun -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/11/2006 9:04:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PetrOs

Hallo,

I've got a crasy problem with my save file (see link below). If i run it as is, it is very likely to make a crash to desktop.
Night phase and a AM phase are running through, but if in the PM phase PT-boats from Buna engage the group of 4 japanese CAs near Lae, game crashes as soon as the naval combat window opens and a first salvo is fired.
I finally ran the turn without sending the PT-boats to that hex.

Greets,
Petr

http://www.starwarsfan.info/witp020.rar

I ran the file under version 1.804 and had no trouble with the PT action - or anything else in the turn. The PTs sunk several IJN ships and lost 2 of their own in 3 different combat actions. I would recommend upgrading to 1.804 and rerunning the turn and see if that resolves it for you.

Xargun

Don Bowen -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/11/2006 10:54:05 PM)

Game crashes at this point are almost always related to missing art files.

If the game can not find the appropriate ....shil.bmp file, down it goes.

acmejeff -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/12/2006 8:35:28 PM)

I uninstalled my game and reinstalled from scratch. I still had the problem so a missing art file is not the problem. I called my US counterpart and had him cut the PT TF from 12 boats to 2 six boat TFs. This allowed me to process the turn by hitting the done button as soon as the naval battle screen came up. If I let the naval battle screen run its course it would CTD.

Xargun -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/12/2006 9:00:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: acmejeff

I uninstalled my game and reinstalled from scratch. I still had the problem so a missing art file is not the problem. I called my US counterpart and had him cut the PT TF from 12 boats to 2 six boat TFs. This allowed me to process the turn by hitting the done button as soon as the naval battle screen came up. If I let the naval battle screen run its course it would CTD.

Acmejeff,

Can you give us more information ? What version ? Any mods ? etc...

Xargun

acmejeff -> RE: 1.801 - Game Crash (11/13/2006 6:04:27 AM)

Playing a totally stock version 1.801 game. Sent Don the Allied save file that causes the problem when I run it as the Japanese.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI