ship and planes fail to display (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

moses -> ship and planes fail to display (11/11/2006 6:49:26 PM)

When updating to the 8.02 ant then to 8.04 some of the enemy ships and planes fial to display during the combat animations. My ships show but instead of enemy ships it only shows a couple arrows. Also in the opening game menu the selection for preferences and scenerio selection no longer is there. Instead there is only a single arrow. I can still access these screens by clicking where they should be.

This looks to effect only graphics as the game seems to play normally as far as I can tell. Still I would like to be able to see the enemy ships on the combat display.

Any thoughts??

jwilkerson -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 2:19:46 AM)

On going (pre-existing) games or new games (or both)?

moses -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 3:07:48 AM)

Both. I started a new head-to-head just to see and right away a sub vs. ASW battle started. The allied destroyer was just a white box with a black arrow. The jap sub displayed but showed the same arrows whereever explosions would occur.

Also before a game of either type is started, the preference and scenario boxes do not display. In their place is the same small white box wit a black arrow inside.

jwilkerson -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 3:34:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moses

Both. I started a new head-to-head just to see and right away a sub vs. ASW battle started. The allied destroyer was just a white box with a black arrow. The jap sub displayed but showed the same arrows whereever explosions would occur.

Also before a game of either type is started, the preference and scenario boxes do not display. In their place is the same small white box wit a black arrow inside.

Well certainly sounds like graphics file related ... at least when I've had similar problems, that has been the case. Is this pure vanilla? Does your build include comprehensive 1.6 patch (with data changes?).

Did you load 1.8.0.1 and 1.8.0.2 and 1.8.0.4 patches? (there was no 1.8.0.3)

erstad -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 3:47:22 AM)

Don't forget this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1267197

Five folks reported graphics issues, although the first report was a little different and the thread originator had apparently done extensive graphics updates, so his may have just be pilot error. However, most or all of the other four (I was one) reported the little arrow things in place of the ship graphics, and it seemed to be associated with loading the 1.802 (not 1.804) patch.

Not sure I ever saw a resolution; I didn't put any effort into figuring it out because quite honestly, I don't care that much.

jwilkerson -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 4:49:46 AM)

IIRC though, moses is a stock-man ... but we'll see what he says ...

erstad -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 7:36:37 AM)

Mine was stock too. (Unless loading Nik Mod loads new graphics?)

Hey, maybe that's why only four of us were affected - we're the only guys running the original art! [:D]

moses -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/12/2006 4:47:39 PM)

Problem stated with 8.0.2. I play the stock game. I checked and I still have the 1.6 patch so I'm pretty sure I would have done any dat changes. I did load and mess around with the AB map for a short period before switching back to pure stock.

I never loaded any additional art unless it came within an official patch.

jwilkerson -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/13/2006 5:03:31 PM)

So far we haven't been able to reproduce the problem. We've gotten some saves, but problem doesn't happen on our machines. Could you send one of your saves to me at

jwilkerson@everestkc.net

Currently theories include possible pwhex.dat file differences (which could be related to checking out AB map, since AP map has different pwhex.dat and other theory is different PBEM players were on different EXE versions at wrong point in time. But until we can reproduce problem, theories will have to remain theories.

Stock pwhex.dat date/time stamp is per below. I think this was with the 1.6 patch which had the last group of official data related changes:

6/18/2005 8:41 PM

michaelm75au -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/14/2006 3:37:52 AM)

The only times I have graphic issues is when I alt-tab away from the initial "organizing files" screen.
The majority of the graphics get loaded during the initail game start sequence, not during the scenario start/load stage.

waynec -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/14/2006 6:41:10 AM)

i have the same problem. jap ships show up as arrows though all planes and allied ships are fine. no ship graphics mods added. went back and reintalled 8.1 8.2 ansd 8.4. no problems on laptop just desk top and no problems before. this is annoying.

waynec -> RE: ship and planes fail to display (11/15/2006 4:23:14 AM)

update. not only lost the ships but lost the scenario briefings. reloaded ver 1.0 into a new folder and it crashed when i treid to adjust carrier a/c. loaded 1.8, worked fine, 1.81 1.82, 1.84 and all worked fine. copied new map and my modified screen graphics and all seems to be working fine. have no idea what went wrong.

[image]local://upfiles/6704/FF76601E2E054D48ABCF89F293A4E552.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI