Available for Mac ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

GrimboldMX -> Available for Mac ? (11/13/2006 7:44:12 AM)

CC2 was the best. Since it was dual platform, dare we hope Matrix will release Cross Of Iron for Mac as well ? Seems like you would be privy to the codes and all.

Many, many mac players would buy this game if so.

Best,

Grimbold.

Veldor -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/13/2006 7:54:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grimbold

CC2 was the best. Since it was dual platform, dare we hope Matrix will release Cross Of Iron for Mac as well ? Seems like you would be privy to the codes and all.

Many, many mac players would buy this game if so.

Best,

Grimbold.

Couldn't you just use Virtual PC or something like that?

I'm betting Matrix will answer this question. And I will further bet the answer will be no.

Reason: If the code were that adaptable it would have been done in the first place, and this isn't a major code rewrite so..

Sorry [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

GrimboldMX -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/13/2006 8:23:20 AM)

It was done in the first place. CC2 played on Mac or PC.

Veldor -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/13/2006 8:56:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grimbold

It was done in the first place. CC2 played on Mac or PC.

Yeah but Cross of Iron is based upon CC3 not CC2. So unless CC3 was originally available for the MAC (I've personally no clue) then I would see little point in begging Matrix to release a MAC version.

On the otherhand, were a MAC version of CC3 originally distributed, I would imagine it wouldn't be an insurmountable task for Matrix to update the MAC version as well.

I tried to google it but all I got was this hilarious recent Close Combat III video (hopefully not from the Matrix version):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7930025462833024142

Vyshka -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/13/2006 9:13:17 AM)

I'd say Boot Camp is your friend as long as you have an Intel mac. Otherwise you are probably out of luck.

Beeblebrox -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/19/2006 2:38:05 AM)

I am sure there are a lot of potential Mac players for CC!  It has been a regular and festering malcontent for many years! [:)]

We have some initiative in progress to see what prospects there are, but I don't reckon the prognosis is good.  It comes down to volume.  It's not a small job to port to Mac.  If the numbers are big enough, maybe those that can make it happen might be tempted to do so.  The fact that Close Combat II sold over 1.2 million copies 10 years ago is not going to be enough in itself to get CoI onto Mac.  We are looking at it, but I am not optimistic.  It's a pity, as I am sure it is something that would work, and expand the Close Combat Community significantly.

Guz -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/19/2006 8:39:57 AM)

1.2 million? is that a typo?

Beeblebrox -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/19/2006 6:04:02 PM)

No, that's Microsoft Numbers ;) It was around 1,250,000 copies.  Go figure huh?

Guz -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/20/2006 7:40:03 AM)

Wow! Was that the best selling game of the series?

Marc von Martial -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/20/2006 12:58:12 PM)

There were times when you actually could make money from developing games [;)]

old man of the sea -> RE: Available for Mac ? (11/20/2006 5:12:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Guz

Wow! Was that the best selling game of the series?

yes it was, by far the best seller.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

There were times when you actually could make money from developing games [;)]

You still can.

E

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI