Great Game, but please change this! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

antsha62 -> Great Game, but please change this! (11/15/2006 12:05:21 AM)

I have been looking forward to playing this game for months, but was surprised to see two sad graphics... 1980's?90's style (computer generated) pictures of the Union and Confederate soldier giving us information. The Confederate in the Cav. hat just looks sad! In fact, I think he might have come to my door on October 31st! Please replace them or allow us to replace them with some nice Gardner or other Civil War photos.

The photo of the Union soldier with the telegraph message made me cringe...! With that in mind, please change this....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!! The thought of looking at those two while enjoying this game is just too much to handle!!!!!!!!

Otherwise, I hope to enjoy the game!!![:)]

antsha62 -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/15/2006 12:13:01 AM)

In fact, you can find the picture in the PBEM AAR Thread on the first page! That Union gunner jsut plain ruins it! I hope it is just stand in art!

Sorta like going to Civil War days and finding a 390 lbs Confederate cavalry man in K-Swiss shoes and a Metallica shirt under his uniform. Note to self, this has happened!

andysomers -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/15/2006 12:42:27 AM)

"...finding a 390 lbs Confederate cavalry man in K-Swiss shoes and a Metallica shirt under his uniform."

Hysterical!  Sound like half the Rebs at every reenactment I've participated in!!!

AS

Gil R. -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/15/2006 1:27:18 AM)

Well, those guys are in the opening screen and, unless I'm mistaken, the box art (which those of you who download the game won't care about), so their presence in the game is final. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if one could do some modding, but this isn't my department. You should ask again when the game comes out. (But don't insult those guys when you ask, since for all you know Pixelpusher might be one of those temperamental artist sorts who will sulk rather than give you the information you need...)

pixelpusher -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/16/2006 6:06:57 AM)

80's style?... I don't know what you mean.

[image]local://upfiles/16293/5CADB1DAFEBB4D7C8BE9C1F6C3FED00E.jpg[/image]

pixelpusher -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/16/2006 6:09:33 AM)

[image]local://upfiles/16293/13A08F116CBE48888F31D044BC6656DB.jpg[/image]

"That's TUBBS: Tough, Unique, Bad, Bodacious, Sassy." -Detective Ricardo Tubbs

Seriously: if you take those two images above, and just save them as .pcx files, you can swap out the offending game graphics for what-ever you feel are more appropriate as advisor heads. Don't just change the extensions on the jpgs... you must save them as .pcx format. Filenames are:

Advisor_CSA.pcx
Advisor_USA.pcx

Also:
-files MUST stay the same size
-don't include any 0,0,0 color pixels, as it will appear transparent.

AU Tiger_MatrixForum -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/16/2006 6:11:26 AM)

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Oldguard -> RE: Great Game, but please change this! (11/16/2006 11:26:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: antsha62

In fact, you can find the picture in the PBEM AAR Thread on the first page! That Union gunner jsut plain ruins it! I hope it is just stand in art!

Sorta like going to Civil War days and finding a 390 lbs Confederate cavalry man in K-Swiss shoes and a Metallica shirt under his uniform. Note to self, this has happened!

Actually I know a guy like that. He plays a topless dancer in an online game.

[X(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI