Sluggish Window Buttons (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support

Blacklight -> Sluggish Window Buttons (11/20/2006 11:45:45 PM)

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I click on the minimise or maximize or close buttone on the tops of the windows in game, they are sluggish meaning that a single click and most of the time even a double click doesn't work. I see the button depress but it doesn't actually activate. I sometimes have to click four, five, or even more times in rapid succession on those buttons to get the window to minimise or close. I don't have any problem popping the window open from the minimised icons. Double clicking on them opens them fine. I don't think the problem is lag because I have no visible lag clicking on anything else in the game.
It's not a major issue but it annoys me. Other than that, I'm enjoying the game.

jpkoester1 -> RE: Sluggish Window Buttons (11/20/2006 11:56:11 PM)

Hi there,

the sluggishness you are observing is caused by the interface libraries that were used to get Harpoon II to run in a windows environment (The Allegro interface libraries are used for that). They are also the reason why the H3 game uses 100% of your CPU poser (the UI is constantly polling the window for user input if I am informed correctly). It was tried to optimize the interface as best as possible with the tools that were available, but a 100% responsive, native windows environment will have to wait until the planned GUI revamp.

Cheers,
JP

PS.: The windows are programmed to close on a doubleclick so a single click should never do it

Edit:
PPS.: Oh, and the longer you play the more you will start to get the timing right to get the game to recognize your doubleclicks immediately, so get practicing [:D]

Blacklight -> RE: Sluggish Window Buttons (11/21/2006 10:24:47 PM)

quote:

PPS.: Oh, and the longer you play the more you will start to get the timing right to get the game to recognize your doubleclicks immediately, so get practicing [:D]

*click...clickyclickclickyclick !! ClickClick !!*[:D]

Is the GUI getting revamped in the upcomming patch ? 

jpkoester1 -> RE: Sluggish Window Buttons (11/21/2006 10:27:55 PM)

The GUI will not be revamped in the upcoming patch (which is really drawing near). However a GUI-revamp is planned for a future release.

Cheers,
JP

SaltySteed -> RE: Sluggish Window Buttons (12/12/2006 11:45:57 PM)

I just got this game again after several years and was shocked that the same button problem is there. It seems I am constantly clicking to try and close windows. Also, how do you adjust the mouse speed. It is too sensitive and neither the games settings or Windows settings seem to work. The mouse is all over the place and it requires an annoying distraction to "get there".

Any ideas???

ComDev -> RE: Sluggish Window Buttons (12/13/2006 9:15:35 AM)

As I have suggested repeatedly the last few years, they should implement the 'lost' hotkeys from Harpoon2. Most of the hotkeys were lost when H2 was ported to windows and became H3. That would reduce the number of mouseclicks needed as you can use the keyboard instead.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI