Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

DerJimbo -> Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod (11/24/2006 5:44:54 PM)

I have attempted to follow the instructions faithfully, and have installed Andrew Brown's map mods v6.2 (both standard and extended versions). When I attempt to load one of them using the modselect utility he supplied, the map files seem to load fine. But when the utility tries to load the "official art" files, I get an error message saying that "the system cannot locate the file specified" (or words to that effect).

This does not occur when I choose the official map in the modselect utility; it seems to find the official art files just fine. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Andrew Brown -> RE: Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod (11/24/2006 6:36:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerJimbo

I have attempted to follow the instructions faithfully, and have installed Andrew Brown's map mods v6.2 (both standard and extended versions). When I attempt to load one of them using the modselect utility he supplied, the map files seem to load fine. But when the utility tries to load the "official art" files, I get an error message saying that "the system cannot locate the file specified" (or words to that effect).

This does not occur when I choose the official map in the modselect utility; it seems to find the official art files just fine. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Perhaps you could copy and paste the message so I can see what it says exactly? Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Thanks,
Andrew

DerJimbo -> RE: Trouble with install of Andrew Brown's map mod (11/25/2006 11:26:45 PM)

Thanks for replying. I don't know how to cut and paste the messages I receive, but here's what appears:

Loading the map date file...
Loading the map file...
Loading the official art files...
The system cannot find the file specified.

However, it appears that even though I receive this "error message", the art loads correctly anyway[:D]. I've started the game now with both map v6.2 and v6.2 extended after getting this message and it appears to be OK. I will try to play a turn or two against the AI to see if there are any problems.

I am running Windows XP and the latest patch to WITP.

I think that the maps are extremely well done, BTW, and I also like some of the changes made to the official scenarios/OOBs, especially in China and Southeast Asia. I also agree with the changes made to reduce the cargo capacities for the Allied AKs, APs, and TKs. I believe that it will make the game more realistic and challenging.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI