How useful is the OLD rulebook? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Adam Parker -> How useful is the OLD rulebook? (11/26/2006 10:45:37 AM)

I just bought WAW-AWD but I already own the first WAW too. I also bought a boxed first WAW in order to get its printed rulebook as it was on special.

I haven't played WAW properly so don't know its rules thoroughly but now want to learn it well.

Is there a summary table of what rules have changed in the new version or is the old rulebook now totally useless to learn the game?

I really don't want to print a 182 new rulebook if I don't have to...

Thanks,
Adam.

Tom Grosv -> RE: How useful is the OLD rulebook? (11/26/2006 12:40:32 PM)

I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and print. There is just way too much that has changed to make the old rules worth anything more than scrap paper IMO. It might take the sting out of it to know that the new rules appear to be better written and have a superior table of contents - in the old rule book I often found it difficult to find the rule I was after. Also, I found that I could print 2 sheets per A4 page and its still perfectly readable - means you only have to print 90 pages rather than 180.

rjh1971 -> RE: How useful is the OLD rulebook? (11/26/2006 2:06:40 PM)

This is where you should look at:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1298259

nevertheless printing the manual and reading it helps a lot.

christian brown -> RE: How useful is the OLD rulebook? (11/26/2006 3:26:31 PM)

You simply cannot use the GGWaW manual for this game, besides that, the index was useless...good luck with AWD!  You are de bienvenue, sir.

Adam Parker -> RE: How useful is the OLD rulebook? (11/26/2006 4:11:11 PM)

Thank you all.

That is a HUGE shame (financially) [;)]

Merci beaucoup, Christian!

Adam.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI