War Readiness (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

kevini100 -> War Readiness (11/28/2006 4:07:36 AM)

The WR for Russia and the US seem to rise very quickly. For Russia the rules say that Russia will gain 1 or 2 a turn and 1 or 2 for DOW's on Nuetrals not on there border. It seems like its always 2 everytime. Am I just unlucky or are they more likely to get two everytime?

Kevin

Joel Billings -> RE: War Readiness (11/28/2006 5:45:44 AM)

It's an equal chance of 1 or 2, so I'd say so far you have been unlucky.

christian brown -> RE: War Readiness (11/28/2006 2:15:42 PM)

Oddly enough, games have a tendency of having really high or really low WR increases, it just seems like the average increases aren't neccesarily so average at all.  Example: in contrast to you, one of my games has a Russian WR of 18!  in summer 1941!  And troops were moved into Eastern Poland (3 in a row, IIRC) The only exceptional thing the German has done is not to wage an intensive sub war.......also, are you sure about the WR, without a pretty big spy effort, the spread you see is pretty big, maybe you are assuming that the max number is what the real WR level is? 

GKar -> RE: War Readiness (11/28/2006 2:31:37 PM)

Not sure, WR levels seem to have been okay for me so far.

JanSorensen -> RE: War Readiness (11/28/2006 2:34:04 PM)

You also have to take into account the tendency to notice the abnormal and forget the normal.

christian brown -> RE: War Readiness (11/28/2006 6:23:25 PM)

quote:

the tendency to notice the abnormal and forget the normal.

You've made me laugh Jan, so very, very true.  The truth of it is though that you cen effectivley never expect WR increases of 1.5 until DoWs occur, there is always some variance, and I have indeed noticed that it tends to lean fast/slow.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI