Generals (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

minnesotavikes80 -> Generals (12/1/2006 6:39:15 AM)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the best way to organize your generals? I've been using autojoin to have them lead a particular division or corps, but it seems like this isn't the best way. Also, is it possible to put one star generals in charge of brigades? Thanks for any help, great game!

Twotribes -> RE: Generals (12/1/2006 6:49:43 AM)

I dont think there is anyway to attach a general to an independent Brigade. You can add them to containers, I assume that means cities and forts as well. As I understand it the one stars will take command of Brigades in the container they are assigned to if there are brigades available in that particular container.

I send my generals to the area where the container I want them to command is and then manually join them to said container.

I havent done detailed battles yet, but in quick battles you can have up to 3 generals affect your battle.

Gil R. -> RE: Generals (12/1/2006 6:59:31 AM)

Twotribes said pretty much what I would say. I've never used Autojoin -- I also assign generals manually, which works quite well.

Generals can also be stashed in cities and forts, and they give the garrisons a bonus during sieges. (My own preference is to put lesser generals in key forts/cities, and attach the better ones to divisions/corps/armies. A poor general in a fort is better than no general at all.)

histgamer -> RE: Generals (12/1/2006 8:25:23 AM)

Lincoln sort of did that round washington.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI