How Do I Assault A Garrison? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

ElGuapo -> How Do I Assault A Garrison? (12/2/2006 11:49:44 PM)

I moved the CSA 10t Division into Rappahanock since the Union has Ft. Monroe there. My question is, how do I assault or attempt to take the fort? I can't figure out how to issue such commands through the interface. Thanks!

spruce -> RE: How Do I Assault A Garrison? (12/3/2006 12:31:58 AM)

reading the manual helps - like I did during the last 2 days - anyhow [;)][:)]

your container is in a province with an enemy fort - and then you select the engineering orders - you select siege. The firs turn, there's a normal siege - second turn on you can change the siege type by selecting your siege works and change their orders. See the manual for details.

I captured the fort in Rappahannock ... getting defensiveness to zero is very very difficult.

By the way, did you figure out already the difference between river provinces and normal provinces. This is important for getting a grasp on the game. Also when sieging forts and cities.

ElGuapo -> RE: How Do I Assault A Garrison? (12/3/2006 2:38:59 AM)

Uuhhhmmmm....no. What's the difference between river provinces and normal provinces? Help a newbie out! [&o]

Queeg -> RE: How Do I Assault A Garrison? (12/3/2006 3:23:43 AM)

River provinces can be entered just like normal provinces - they include both the river and the banks. So be sure when you move your units that you move where you really need to go. To defend or besiege the river forts on the Mississippi, for example, you have to be in the river province.

Gil R. -> RE: How Do I Assault A Garrison? (12/4/2006 3:59:16 AM)

One thing people need to realize is that when you move an army into a province with a siege target one cannot initiate the siege until the following turn. Perhaps that was part of the problem?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI