An error while playing with new Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum

garysorrell -> An error while playing with new Beta (12/9/2006 6:26:20 PM)

I was playing an Indoor game, Phoenix at Orlando, Arcade mode using my Gravis, default ruleset when you cycle to indoor.

Phoenix fumbled, then the screen went black and I got the purple text saying something about object fumblemod mode something. I tried to take a screencap but it didnt capture it. It gave me the option to hit F9 and the game continued on with Phoenix still in control of the ball.

It looked like Orlando recovered, but when I came back to the game screen after hitting F9, Phoenix had the ball. Which doesnt matter to me, i've seen the ball change hands a couple times on fumbles before, but the error screen was a first. This was the first time i've encountered an error screen during gameplay. In the past it was usually in the team creation or league menus.

Sorry i cant remember exactly what it said.

I played two full games, one outdoor US and the above Indoor game. That was my only experience with it. I dont remember a fumble in the US game.

brb321 -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/9/2006 8:28:09 PM)

I also received an error when I am simming games, not playing them:

Object variable or write block variable not set in procedure ModQuickSimulate.SimGoKickoff

and:

Subscript out of range in procedure modQuickSimultae.SimGoBasicPlay

I had to press F9 to get out of this, but on the third strike, you have to hit ESC and the game quits???

I played a game this morning and everything worked great, but I noticed that there is no option to save a game on the in game menu now. Is that on purpose?

David Winter -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/9/2006 8:49:24 PM)

quote:

I played a game this morning and everything worked great, but I noticed that there is no option to save a game on the in game menu now. Is that on purpose?

The option is there but it's now only available during the regular set of downs and at the end of quarters. If you score, you will need to wait until after the subsequent kick off and get back into a regular set of downs to be able to save a game.

This thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1307834 is the original bug thread that described the need for the save game restriction.

David Winter -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/9/2006 9:22:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garysorrell

I was playing an Indoor game, Phoenix at Orlando, Arcade mode using my Gravis, default ruleset when you cycle to indoor.

[snip]

I suspect it's playing in Arcade mode that is the key point there. Probably something very simple to address.

Thanks.

Deltadog -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/10/2006 3:19:45 AM)

Object variable or write block variable not set in procedure ModQuickSimulate.SimGoKickoff

Press F9

Do we know what causes this.  See Brb321's statement above.

This happens when simming games in some custom leagues.  When the same games that result in this error message are played cpu vs cpu all goes well.  One would think that if there were a league problem the games would not run in either mode?

This happened with both the 1.3.120 patch and the prior patch.

David Winter -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/10/2006 5:21:58 AM)

You would need to zip up and email one of the custom leagues to support@wintervalley.com

quote:

One would think that if there were a league problem the games would not run in either mode?

3D games and quick sim games are different. So having a league file that works for one type may not necessarily work for the other.

David Winter -> RE: An error while playing with new Beta (12/10/2006 7:55:34 AM)

Hi

I have been sent two different league files by two different people. I'm not sure who owns what league.

The league named CFL: The error is caused because your depth charts are not properly filled out. The bug is that it shouldn't have let the game start with rosters in this condition. Of course, this wouldn't happen at all if the auto-fill button was properly enabled [:(] Sorry about that...

The league named CFL3: This league file has a number of problems that I think stem from editing the league file. There are tables in the database the game doesn't create and some of the data in the tables the game does use is corrupted (pointing to players that don't exist, etc...). Also, the leagues abbreviation is CFL, but the league DB had been renamed (via Windows) to CFL3. The league files names, and abbreviations need to match or the game can not properly import them. This was also causing problems.

In both cases though, the core crash in the quick sim game was caused by incomplete depth charts going into game. I'm going to add some more code to ensure that depth charts are updated as needed in the quick sim game. What that means is that if you have a formation with no depth chart assigned, the quick sim game will build one (even if it's a 'human controlled team'). This should stop the crashing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI